2011 Scion xD Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xD model:
Excellent value and fun to drive
By shivas1 on 08/31/11 10:09 AM (PDT)

2011 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned a 2011 xD for approximately 6 months now. We are averaging 34mpg. with a variety of in town and over the road driving. I think that the passenger room is better than either the Fit or the Fiesta. Sitting in the rear is excellent, and better than either of these competitors. Those cars were cramped compared to the xD. I am 6 ft. and 185lbs. The front seat contours are sweet and hold you in place firmly during turns. The iPod feature runs seemlessly with the radio from the steering wheel controls. Suspension is a bit stiff, but it has a sport feel to it that way. We have the 5 spd manual and really like it. I am looking forward to how it drives in our Wisconsin winter.

9 on a 1-10 scale
By biscuitbasket on 05/16/11 14:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a new Scion XD after looking at the Ford Focus and Kia Soul. After giving it a thorough test, I have found the XD to be an excellent value for the money. It has good power for the relatively smallish engine, excellent handling (especially after installing new 17" wheels), and a relatively quiet, comfortable ride for a small car. The aspect I like most about this car is the ability to customize just about anything on it which gives me the ability to differentiate it from all the others on the road. Compared to the other two cars I test drove, the Scion fared better in power and performance to the Soul and looks, price, and customiziation to the Focus.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Scion xD Hatchback in VA is:

$133 per month*