2011 Scion xD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xD model:
Excellent Car Especially Considering the Price
By b_mac1 on 09/29/12 20:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We've had our xD about 1.5 years now. We traded in a Dodge Durango that was bleeding us dry. I was looking for a basic econo-box to use as a commuter vehicle. This car has far exceeded our expectations. At 15K there have been no issues, just regular oil changes and a tire rotation. We get frequent compliments on the appearance - it doesn't look like a cheap car. We average 32-33 MPG in suburban driving, but have hit 40 with careful driving on the highway!

Excellent value and fun to drive
By shivas1 on 08/31/11 10:09 AM (PDT)

2011 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned a 2011 xD for approximately 6 months now. We are averaging 34mpg. with a variety of in town and over the road driving. I think that the passenger room is better than either the Fit or the Fiesta. Sitting in the rear is excellent, and better than either of these competitors. Those cars were cramped compared to the xD. I am 6 ft. and 185lbs. The front seat contours are sweet and hold you in place firmly during turns. The iPod feature runs seemlessly with the radio from the steering wheel controls. Suspension is a bit stiff, but it has a sport feel to it that way. We have the 5 spd manual and really like it. I am looking forward to how it drives in our Wisconsin winter.

9 on a 1-10 scale
By biscuitbasket on 05/16/11 14:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a new Scion XD after looking at the Ford Focus and Kia Soul. After giving it a thorough test, I have found the XD to be an excellent value for the money. It has good power for the relatively smallish engine, excellent handling (especially after installing new 17" wheels), and a relatively quiet, comfortable ride for a small car. The aspect I like most about this car is the ability to customize just about anything on it which gives me the ability to differentiate it from all the others on the road. Compared to the other two cars I test drove, the Scion fared better in power and performance to the Soul and looks, price, and customiziation to the Focus.

Nice Little Car
By paul_blood on 03/17/11 18:37 PM (PDT)

2011 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have only owned my little xD for two months and 1500 miles so this isnt a long term review. The car has plenty of power and handles well for its price range. I am averaging 30 mpg driving about 40% city, 60% hwy. I love pulling up at the gas pump, asking for $10 and watching the fuel gauge go up 1/3rd of a tank.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Scion xD in VA is:

$129 per month*