2010 Scion xD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xD model:
Very happy customer
By k on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car for less than a week, so I can't comment on reliability. However the controls are laid out simply. Being on the short side, I have no problems reaching the pedals. Good visibility, no huge blind spots. With less than 150 miles on the car I'm averaging 35.4 mpg, which is above what they rate the car as. It's fun to drive, looks awesome, and is economical, perfect fit for me.

Very Happy With Our Scion XD Purchase
By Aimee on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Before deciding on the Scion XD I checked out the competition, as I was looking for the most stylish, fuel efficient, sporty looking small car I could get at a great base price, with all the features I wanted. Honda fit, the Nissan Versa, Hyundai Accent, Kia Rio, none compared..they all felt like I was driving a Chevette. The Scion XD feels and looks like a micro SUV. Base package comes with cruise control, power everything, keyless entry system, a very nice pioneer radio, and more. This is probably my favorite new car purchase in 20 years. There's so much to rave about with the XD. I get 34-37mpg in the city, haven't gotten to check out highway yet. I LOVE LOVE THIS CAR!

Great Ride
By Rob on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am a high mileage driver and opted for the 5 speed. I am getting on average 38mpg. I bought the car in mid May 2010 and have over 7000 miles logged. Technology is very useful. The usb connection allows my mobile phone to work hands free and also plug in hours of music with a thumb drive. The ride is sporty, precise, and fun. The cargo room is large enough for a trip to Home Depot and the sliding back seats are great for rear passenger room. I once owned a 1997 VW Golf 5 speed and this car is very similar and as much fun to drive as that was. If you are interested in a quality, affordable hatch back that allows lots of customization and fun driving, the XD is it.

Tire Size is impossible!
By ellizona on 05/31/10 15:58 PM (PDT)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Sold a BMW Z3 during tough financial times and I love my little Scion. However, yesterday (before a major holiday) I was stranded in the California desert. I do not blame Toyota for my flat tire. But the tire on the xD DOES NOT EXIST anywhere. I put $60 on my cell phone - "411" charges for calling every Costco, Sam's Club, Pep Boys, and WalMart in the hugely populated areas of Riverside and Orange Counties. Had I checked into a hotel to await the arrival of a tire, 5 days. I ended up w/ a tire one size up just to get me home. My Toyota dealership and I will be having a discussion this week. Should they choose to do nothing, I will contact my local consumer media.

To Xd or Not Xd?
By 1ldhall on 05/13/10 13:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I commute the freeways of LA daily for +65 miles one-way. I have driven the Xd for over 6 months and +10k miles and find it both satisfying yet annoying causing classic cognitive dissonance. The power is ok, but not exceptional, gas-mileage is ok but not great, the radio is very annoying to use with so-so audio quality, in LA you need a radio to survive those long commutes. The AC can barely keep-up on warm days on the 101 fwy and it's not even summer yet! Only one cigarette lighter that is 'on' only with the ignition; annoying, no arm rest; annoying, road handling; noisy & annoying, can't see the cup-holders in the dark, annoying. There are better vehicles for the money available.

Scion xD 2010 Feels Soild
By HomeDesign on 05/11/10 20:17 PM (PDT)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We bought a Honda Fit the week before we bought this Scion xD. Both vehicles are excellent. What led us to get this Scion rather than another 2010 Fit was the Scion's feeling of solidity and extra features for just a little more money. Both cars handle well, even at 60+ mph. The Scion feels a little heavier, hence a little more solid. Both get great mileage. The Scion has an Alpine radio and 6 speakers, the Honda 4 speakers. The Scion's rear seats area little more complex, because they offer extended rear legroom, which is unusual in a subcompact. Enjoy the hatchback; kind of like a mini-SUV. Good interior room for such a compact vehicle. A little quieter than the Honda. Smooth ride.

Fun little pocket rocket
By LFGK on 05/09/10 19:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I started to looking at the Scion xD mainly because of price, after driving a Fit standard, Fit Auto, Civic Auto and Accord Auto. I was blown away at how much quieter the cabin was compared to the much larger (and pricier) Accord LX. Had always been a Honda fan, but the road noise is terrible, especially with a lot of "chip seal" roads that we have locally. The Scion was quiet, powerful and comfy with a long list of standard features. My biggest gripe was the dealer put a 2009 Pioneer stereo in the 2010 Scion, therefore, the USB/Aux jack didn't work. Additionally, they didn't have the correct unit in stock when I got there. SO, another visit to the dealer is required.

Funnest Car Yet!
By Leopold Peterson on 05/06/10 19:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

First I test drove the Kia Soul, and while I really liked the design and features of the car, I found it to be much less zippy, dare I say, gutless, even in comparison to my Hyundai Accent. The Soul had a 2.0 with 150 horses, but was so low on torque and so unresponsive on the get go that I found it a very boring drive. In comparison, when I tested the XD, I nearly popped a wheelie when I first took off. So much more responsive than the Soul. Mileage is great, mid 30s with a combination of city/hwy driving. The styling is fabulous, interior is comfortable.

piece of junk
By crazy bee on 04/08/10 17:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It vibrates really bad no matter how bad the road is. I experience crazy spooky braking issues. I really like the fuel economy i get with this car. It really doesn't have much balls to get up and go(40mph-70mph). interior is pretty comfortable however a few more gauges would be nice. Cargo space is very limited but i think it is ok for normal everyday activities. The vehicle is low to the ground which make it very easy to get in or out.

Love This Car
By Otis on 03/25/10 04:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this little gem about 3 weeks ago. Simply blown away on mileage (35 mpg local driving). Car has all kinds of pep and is truly fun to drive. Only thing I'm disappointed in is there is no seat height adjustment. After driving a RAV-4 since 2003 (in a RAV you have a bird's eye view of everything) I wound up having to purchase a seat cushion to raise me up to see a little better. I'm sure in time I'll get used to sitting lower and will eventually do away with the cushion. Husband has herniated disc and is very comfortable in the passenger seat.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Scion xD in VA is:

$110 per month*