Used 2010 Scion xD Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Scion xD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xD model:

MPG not good for small car.
By eelc2008

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car runs good but I just get 25 MPH.

Good little car for the price. 2nd one I have had.

Get better mph

Best in it's class but...
By brandonwardell

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2010 xD in August and have already put 9000 miles on it. I get 40 mpg hwy, it's comfortable, and so far has handled well in its first Chicago winter. That being said, there are some serious rattles that are driving me crazy. There's a cold-weather rattle in the radio, a rough-road rattle in the dash, and a seatbelt rattle at high speeds. Also certain NPR voices cause the speakers to buzz. It's a frustrating car to spend 5 hours in per day, and the dealer can't seem to fix it. Can't beat the value, though, and having driven every car in its class I can't recommend anything better. I only wish someone would make a quality 5 door with a pricetage and mileage like the xD

Bluetooth that actually works, telescopic steering wheel, quieter ride.

Drive an 08 xd.. VERY HAPPY
By Anonymous

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a manual trans 08XD over a yr ago and have put 35,000+ on it now. This car comes standard with all the air bags I wanted, and cruise control. Which costs more as an add on in other hatchbacks. I average between 36-38mpg. Also, you would be amazed at how much interior space this thing has after you fold the seats down. At the time I bought it the Fit's seats were way uncomfy. The Versa's rear seats don't fold down flat, and the Yaris did not even come with cruise. Its exterior is unique and the styling stands out against other cars.

Its a super safe, fuel efficient and yet surprisingly enjoyable car to drive. All the lil extras like the ipod jack, and radio controls on driver side are the icing on the cake.

Seriously, why is the arm rest optional? If you get it installed you end up losing a cupholder. Initial tire size is weird and stock tires only last between 25,000 and 45,000.

Nice car for the $
By Anonymous

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have the automatic and I'm getting around 31 mpg in mostly city driving. You do feel the road conditions when driving, but it is what I expected for an economy car. It handles well and is fun to drive. I added the factory armrest which goes in the cup holder, but the armrest has a cup holder that replaces the one you install the armrest in. There is sufficient power to handle any situation. Interior space is good considering the size of the car. If you want a fuel efficient car that has some cargo versatility then this is an excellent choice.

Nice set of standard features. Gas mileage,Ipod and Aux jack,ability to add accessories.

Armrest should be standard. Driver seat should have height adjustment. 2nd power outlet.

My Cute Car
By marji rogstad

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Love this car, would like arm rest however. Great pickup, but find the rear window being so small, have trouble seeing cars alongside me. blind spot).Love the higher seats--easy to get in and out.Brakes are a little touchy,Overall, I enjoy riding in this car, very comfortable. Most people who see it call it "cute". Ok by me.

Great Pioneer sound system, the high seats, cargo space

Wish the visors could extend lower as I am rather short. Would have liked arm rest with cup holder and storage.

• SUV