Used 2010 Scion xD Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Scion xD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xD model:

Don't sweat the tire size
By ripdaddy

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The XD uses a 195/60-16 tire which gives one very few options, none of them good. However one can use a 205/55-16 on the same rim and there are over 150 tire choices. The difference in the two sizes are fractions of an inch in both tread width (.5 in.) and sidewall height (.17 in.)

Got it to haul my dog around and it is great for that. Fun to drive. I'm big, 240# and 6'1" but getting in and out is not a problem. I do have the seat all the way back but it is a comfortable driving position. The rear view mirror does not block my view like it can on a lot of small cars. Good size side mirrors help with the small rear window.

None come to mind. I bought it for utility and find I enjoy driving it a lot.

Drive an 08 xd.. VERY HAPPY
By Anonymous

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a manual trans 08XD over a yr ago and have put 35,000+ on it now. This car comes standard with all the air bags I wanted, and cruise control. Which costs more as an add on in other hatchbacks. I average between 36-38mpg. Also, you would be amazed at how much interior space this thing has after you fold the seats down. At the time I bought it the Fit's seats were way uncomfy. The Versa's rear seats don't fold down flat, and the Yaris did not even come with cruise. Its exterior is unique and the styling stands out against other cars.

Its a super safe, fuel efficient and yet surprisingly enjoyable car to drive. All the lil extras like the ipod jack, and radio controls on driver side are the icing on the cake.

Seriously, why is the arm rest optional? If you get it installed you end up losing a cupholder. Initial tire size is weird and stock tires only last between 25,000 and 45,000.

Very happy customer
By k

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car for less than a week, so I can't comment on reliability. However the controls are laid out simply. Being on the short side, I have no problems reaching the pedals. Good visibility, no huge blind spots. With less than 150 miles on the car I'm averaging 35.4 mpg, which is above what they rate the car as. It's fun to drive, looks awesome, and is economical, perfect fit for me.

Power everything, how the car beeps when you lock it.

None yet...

Great Ride
By Rob

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am a high mileage driver and opted for the 5 speed. I am getting on average 38mpg. I bought the car in mid May 2010 and have over 7000 miles logged. Technology is very useful. The usb connection allows my mobile phone to work hands free and also plug in hours of music with a thumb drive. The ride is sporty, precise, and fun. The cargo room is large enough for a trip to Home Depot and the sliding back seats are great for rear passenger room. I once owned a 1997 VW Golf 5 speed and this car is very similar and as much fun to drive as that was. If you are interested in a quality, affordable hatch back that allows lots of customization and fun driving, the XD is it.

exterior design, usb connect, easy controls, rear sliding and reclining seats.

optional turbo w/ 6 speed, optional leather heated seats, optional sunroof, and Standard Integrated Roof Racks.

To Xd or Not Xd?
By 1ldhall

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I commute the freeways of LA daily for +65 miles one-way. I have driven the Xd for over 6 months and +10k miles and find it both satisfying yet annoying causing classic cognitive dissonance. The power is ok, but not exceptional, gas-mileage is ok but not great, the radio is very annoying to use with so-so audio quality, in LA you need a radio to survive those long commutes. The AC can barely keep-up on warm days on the 101 fwy and it's not even summer yet! Only one cigarette lighter that is 'on' only with the ignition; annoying, no arm rest; annoying, road handling; noisy & annoying, can't see the cup-holders in the dark, annoying. There are better vehicles for the money available.

Looks ok, gas mileage ok, reliability and quality ok, hey it's a Toyota.

needs an armrest, interior lighting, smoother ride, better radio.