2010 Scion xD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xD model:
Don't sweat the tire size
By ripdaddy on 03/17/14 23:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The XD uses a 195/60-16 tire which gives one very few options, none of them good. However one can use a 205/55-16 on the same rim and there are over 150 tire choices. The difference in the two sizes are fractions of an inch in both tread width (.5 in.) and sidewall height (.17 in.)

Drive an 08 xd.. VERY HAPPY
By Anonymous on 12/05/10 20:36 PM (PST)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a manual trans 08XD over a yr ago and have put 35,000+ on it now. This car comes standard with all the air bags I wanted, and cruise control. Which costs more as an add on in other hatchbacks. I average between 36-38mpg. Also, you would be amazed at how much interior space this thing has after you fold the seats down. At the time I bought it the Fit's seats were way uncomfy. The Versa's rear seats don't fold down flat, and the Yaris did not even come with cruise. Its exterior is unique and the styling stands out against other cars.

Very happy customer
By k on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car for less than a week, so I can't comment on reliability. However the controls are laid out simply. Being on the short side, I have no problems reaching the pedals. Good visibility, no huge blind spots. With less than 150 miles on the car I'm averaging 35.4 mpg, which is above what they rate the car as. It's fun to drive, looks awesome, and is economical, perfect fit for me.

Great Ride
By Rob on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am a high mileage driver and opted for the 5 speed. I am getting on average 38mpg. I bought the car in mid May 2010 and have over 7000 miles logged. Technology is very useful. The usb connection allows my mobile phone to work hands free and also plug in hours of music with a thumb drive. The ride is sporty, precise, and fun. The cargo room is large enough for a trip to Home Depot and the sliding back seats are great for rear passenger room. I once owned a 1997 VW Golf 5 speed and this car is very similar and as much fun to drive as that was. If you are interested in a quality, affordable hatch back that allows lots of customization and fun driving, the XD is it.

To Xd or Not Xd?
By 1ldhall on 05/13/10 13:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I commute the freeways of LA daily for +65 miles one-way. I have driven the Xd for over 6 months and +10k miles and find it both satisfying yet annoying causing classic cognitive dissonance. The power is ok, but not exceptional, gas-mileage is ok but not great, the radio is very annoying to use with so-so audio quality, in LA you need a radio to survive those long commutes. The AC can barely keep-up on warm days on the 101 fwy and it's not even summer yet! Only one cigarette lighter that is 'on' only with the ignition; annoying, no arm rest; annoying, road handling; noisy & annoying, can't see the cup-holders in the dark, annoying. There are better vehicles for the money available.

Decieving machine
By Michael on 01/17/10 12:58 PM (PST)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 2010 Scion XD. But honestly I"m a bit disappointed with some things. I love the standard features and the reliability factor and the way it looks. The thing I didn't like was the ride. I notice that when going over a man hole cover or any decent bumps in the road which we have a lot of here in NY's capital district. It's very jarring and annoying and makes me wonder if it is causing too much vibration to the chassis of the car causing premature wear. The other thing is that the cargo space even with the seats folded down is very limited compared to the fit and the Kia soul. I'm a musician, though easier now,I was able to fit more into my Saturn SL. Other than that, I like it.

scionxd
By pat downey on 12/23/09 13:32 PM (PST)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have only about 500 miles on my xd manual transmission car. Overall it is a good little car and decent on MPG (about 33 on combined driving). It has a lot of features,standard equipment, that you normally would expect in higher priced cars. The one thing that I was surprised that it does not have, is a water coolant temp gauge. I bought a standard transmission because, in my experience, these little engines don't do very well with automatic transmission's. The car seems to be a little short on performance even with the 5 speed. At Interstate speeds, 70-75 MPH, there is what I think is a harmonic vibration that is very annoying.

Great car
By doccac on 12/20/09 20:01 PM (PST)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am very happy with the XD. My two previous cars were a 328i (2008) and a VW GTI (2009). I am very happy with this little car. Its the least expensive car I have bought in 15 years and yet fun to drive, totally reliable, utilitarian. It is fun to drive, plenty peppy getting on the freeway. I just got 36 mpg in mixed city driving. It is a great car and a great value. Highly recommend it.

A Blast to drive
By Ryan on 10/17/09 12:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have just over 1,000 miles on my new ride. It has been great to drive, it is a zippy little car, with good handling. I have averaged 30-31mpg with mixed driving, better than the stated average of 29 mpgs. I like that even the base xD is quite loaded.

Great car
By Frank on 09/07/09 22:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have 5000 miles on my 2010 Scion XD and its a great car, it can handle 4 large people with ease, I am getting average fuel mileage(city and highway) of 39.5 and it handles cargo like a pro, I have been able to fit all the equipment for my job into this vehicle that I was using a Plymouth grand voyager for. Its fun to drive, has great performance, and its cornering is great like little or no body roll and very tight steering control. It gives me great confidence that I can maneuver it in any situation that arises with safety. So far nothing has gone wrong, car works perfectly.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Scion xD in WA is:

$138 per month*