Used 2010 Scion xD Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Scion Xd - Consumer Reviews

2010 Scion xD

View reviews for a specific xD model:

Don't sweat the tire size
By ripdaddy

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The XD uses a 195/60-16 tire which gives one very few options, none of them good. However one can use a 205/55-16 on the same rim and there are over 150 tire choices. The difference in the two sizes are fractions of an inch in both tread width (.5 in.) and sidewall height (.17 in.)

Favorite Features

Got it to haul my dog around and it is great for that. Fun to drive. I'm big, 240# and 6'1" but getting in and out is not a problem. I do have the seat all the way back but it is a comfortable driving position. The rear view mirror does not block my view like it can on a lot of small cars. Good size side mirrors help with the small rear window.

Suggested Improvements

None come to mind. I bought it for utility and find I enjoy driving it a lot.

Danger
By tradwnd

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My son had an accident late in 2012. The accident was bad and the car was destroyed. None of the air bags deployed and injuries were incured. I asked Toyota/Scion to inspect the car to see if there was a problem. After months I finally got a response which basically said that the car performed as designed. I asked for a copy of the report because the answer was suspect. They told me "the bumper, grill and hood and vaious engine components crushed as designed, thereby absorbing and lowering much of the collisions forces." This was the reason the air bags did not deploy. I am not an auto engineer but the car was totaled and first responders at the accident scene were very concerned.

Favorite Features

Has anyone had the same problem with the air bags?

By buttersstotch

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I'm going to go with no. I leased this car NEW in 2011 and have had nothing but problems. Since February of 2011 I've had 3 batteries, 2 leaking A/C lines replaced, and now my CD player is eating my CD's. And like another reviewer said, my brakes suck. They have been very slow to respond since I got the car. I have had my car in the shop at least 4 times this year. I'm glad its a lease and that Toyota is so awesome that they are letting me out of my lease early without penalties since this car is a pos. It is really cute on the outside, but the mechanics (which is the most important part of the car) suck. I only have 15,000 miles on it which is really sad because it runs like it has 45,000.

Great Car for College Student
By rojas9204

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for a little over a year now (9/21/10), I must say that I enjoy driving it driven the car for long distances and short either way it has been a real fun experience. Only flaws that i would mention are A. the lack of an arm rest and in the beginning there was a leak on the passenger side, which was fixed free of charge when i took it to the dealer. Other than that I get great gas mileage about 26-28 city and 35 hwy.

Suggested Improvements

arm rest installment

Love this car
By navigatorgal

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this new 8/10 and after all these months, I still love driving it. I get 30 MPG in the city if I don't drive like Mario Andretti. I put a nav system and heated leather seats in before I picked it up, and it is great. You can park where no SUV can park, can zip in and out of bus traffic with ease. Highly recommend this car for city driving!

Favorite Features

Size Navigation System Cargo space

Suggested Improvements

Standard interior floor lights would help in an all black interior when in the parking garage in the winter!