2010 Scion xD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xD model:
Don't sweat the tire size
By ripdaddy on 03/17/14 23:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The XD uses a 195/60-16 tire which gives one very few options, none of them good. However one can use a 205/55-16 on the same rim and there are over 150 tire choices. The difference in the two sizes are fractions of an inch in both tread width (.5 in.) and sidewall height (.17 in.)

Danger
By tradwnd on 04/03/13 16:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My son had an accident late in 2012. The accident was bad and the car was destroyed. None of the air bags deployed and injuries were incured. I asked Toyota/Scion to inspect the car to see if there was a problem. After months I finally got a response which basically said that the car performed as designed. I asked for a copy of the report because the answer was suspect. They told me "the bumper, grill and hood and vaious engine components crushed as designed, thereby absorbing and lowering much of the collisions forces." This was the reason the air bags did not deploy. I am not an auto engineer but the car was totaled and first responders at the accident scene were very concerned.

By buttersstotch on 08/05/12 11:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I'm going to go with no. I leased this car NEW in 2011 and have had nothing but problems. Since February of 2011 I've had 3 batteries, 2 leaking A/C lines replaced, and now my CD player is eating my CD's. And like another reviewer said, my brakes suck. They have been very slow to respond since I got the car. I have had my car in the shop at least 4 times this year. I'm glad its a lease and that Toyota is so awesome that they are letting me out of my lease early without penalties since this car is a pos. It is really cute on the outside, but the mechanics (which is the most important part of the car) suck. I only have 15,000 miles on it which is really sad because it runs like it has 45,000.

Great Car for College Student
By rojas9204 on 02/15/12 15:04 PM (PST)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for a little over a year now (9/21/10), I must say that I enjoy driving it driven the car for long distances and short either way it has been a real fun experience. Only flaws that i would mention are A. the lack of an arm rest and in the beginning there was a leak on the passenger side, which was fixed free of charge when i took it to the dealer. Other than that I get great gas mileage about 26-28 city and 35 hwy.

Love this car
By navigatorgal on 09/08/11 10:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this new 8/10 and after all these months, I still love driving it. I get 30 MPG in the city if I don't drive like Mario Andretti. I put a nav system and heated leather seats in before I picked it up, and it is great. You can park where no SUV can park, can zip in and out of bus traffic with ease. Highly recommend this car for city driving!

MPG not good for small car.
By eelc2008 on 12/25/10 14:46 PM (PST)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car runs good but I just get 25 MPH.

Best in it's class but...
By brandonwardell on 12/09/10 20:58 PM (PST)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2010 xD in August and have already put 9000 miles on it. I get 40 mpg hwy, it's comfortable, and so far has handled well in its first Chicago winter. That being said, there are some serious rattles that are driving me crazy. There's a cold-weather rattle in the radio, a rough-road rattle in the dash, and a seatbelt rattle at high speeds. Also certain NPR voices cause the speakers to buzz. It's a frustrating car to spend 5 hours in per day, and the dealer can't seem to fix it. Can't beat the value, though, and having driven every car in its class I can't recommend anything better. I only wish someone would make a quality 5 door with a pricetage and mileage like the xD

Drive an 08 xd.. VERY HAPPY
By Anonymous on 12/05/10 20:36 PM (PST)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a manual trans 08XD over a yr ago and have put 35,000+ on it now. This car comes standard with all the air bags I wanted, and cruise control. Which costs more as an add on in other hatchbacks. I average between 36-38mpg. Also, you would be amazed at how much interior space this thing has after you fold the seats down. At the time I bought it the Fit's seats were way uncomfy. The Versa's rear seats don't fold down flat, and the Yaris did not even come with cruise. Its exterior is unique and the styling stands out against other cars.

Nice car for the $
By Anonymous on 12/05/10 20:34 PM (PST)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have the automatic and I'm getting around 31 mpg in mostly city driving. You do feel the road conditions when driving, but it is what I expected for an economy car. It handles well and is fun to drive. I added the factory armrest which goes in the cup holder, but the armrest has a cup holder that replaces the one you install the armrest in. There is sufficient power to handle any situation. Interior space is good considering the size of the car. If you want a fuel efficient car that has some cargo versatility then this is an excellent choice.

My Cute Car
By marji rogstad on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Love this car, would like arm rest however. Great pickup, but find the rear window being so small, have trouble seeing cars alongside me. blind spot).Love the higher seats--easy to get in and out.Brakes are a little touchy,Overall, I enjoy riding in this car, very comfortable. Most people who see it call it "cute". Ok by me.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Scion xD in VA is:

$110 per month*