xD 2.0: tons of features, fun
By ArmywifeMo on
2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
New owner but will try to post later with more info on performance, reliability, fuel economy. Long-legged passengers had ample room in the back seat, super fun to drive, much more spacious than it looks from the outside, still learning all the special features in the 2.0. Compared the Honda Fit base model (manual), the xD auto, & the xD manual; best handling & value by far with my car. A very style/brand conscious friend raved how my xD had more features than his recently purchased Lexus (but at the end of the day, he still has a "Lexus"...whatever I still have $6k to spend on other things!). Cross country road trip and baby on the way; the xD is read for the challenge!
Favorite Features
Adjustable back seats, compact car with surprising interior space, leg room, cruise control (a must for me), Electric Wasabi color, drool from my friends' compliments, first aid kit, SD card & flash drive compatibility for the Pioneer computer system, pop-out cup holder, hidden sunglasses holder...
Suggested Improvements
Rear headrests hit passengers in the back unless they're up, but if left up without passengers they block the rear view window. The lack of a center armrest bothers some but not me! I prefer easy access to the stick shift and parking break.