2009 Scion xD Consumer Review: Worth the wait

2009 Scion xD - Consumer Review

Worth the wait
By Goog49 on

2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was replacing a '98 Civic Hatchback. Desperately needed Cruise Control because of my commute. Also needed Traction Control because of the snow we get here. Test drove the xD, Nissan Versa, Toyota Yaris and Honda Fit. The cargo area in the Versa wasn't suitable for my dogs, the Yaris would only accommodate aftermarket Cruise Control, and the Fit's seat was very uncomfortable, at least for me. It took a few weeks to get the color and options I wanted. Gas mileage in the mid 30's, so far. Nice acceleration and overall ride. Interior nicely laid- out. Quirky exterior look, but just fine to me!

Appearance (distinctive!). Lots of standard features. Toyota reliability (anticipated). We've had spectacular luck with this make!

I wish the steering wheel telescoped. I have to reach out for it, or move the seat way forward and cramp my legs. I'm 5'11". Wish it had an easier-to- reach coin/token bin. It accommodates a 6-footer, but I get the idea it was designed for a smaller person.