Worth the Wait
By Mick on
2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
I ordered my car the beginning of June and had to wait 3 months for the color I wanted but well worth the wait. I had test drove the Kia Spectra, Nissan Versa and the Xd. I have a SUV also. When on Edmunds, I fell over the review for the Xd and I am so glad I did. After reading multiple reviews I test drove and ordered all in the same day. This car is peppy, much faster than what I would have thought and great on the gas mileage. I no longer get a stomach ache when pulling up to the gas station. I have had it for one month and am averaging 36-38 MPG with about 75% freeway each day. Very happy with my choice. She is so dang cute with her rear spoiler !
Favorite Features
I like that my left arm rests comfortably on the door rest. The heat/air controls are handy so no reaching to adjust. The seat fits my body well and sits up high. Mileage is great. Was able to fit a 7ft piece of trim through the middle. Great no hassle price.
Suggested Improvements
Don't miss not having the arm rest but could use the storage for glasses, etc. Cup holder in front is too far forward. Hard to read clock, Blue lights would be easier to read than red. Outside temp gauge. Radio not as nice as expected, need bigger dials & sound.Door handle too far back inside.