Clunker Replacement
By Whitney on
2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
I work for a Toyota/Scion dealership and was the first person dealership- wide to trade in a car (RIP 1986 Mercury Cougar) under the Cash For Clunkers program. I was REALLY attached to my Cougar and the whole experience was heartbreaking, and it took me a while to bond with the xD. But don't let my ridiculous emotions sway you: the xD is an awesome little car. My purchase was between it and the Yaris S, and it blew the Yaris out of the water on so many levels. And to put on my sales hat for a second, this thing has loads of standard features, plenty of space, ample peppiness (I've never owned a 4cyl before and that was a concern, no problem though) and legendary Toyota Quality. Just buy one.
Favorite Features
Bumpin' standard stereo, iPod connectivity, steering wheel audio controls, fun styling, customizations abound, gorgeous color (Nautical Blue, baby), easy to park (I have no depth perception), seems to hold its own in the snow.
Suggested Improvements
I sprung for the center armrest and it's shoddily constructed, plus the way it attaches is ridiculous. I wish there was a cool pop-out cupholder on the driver's side, too.