2009 Scion xD Consumer Review: Not Amazing, but great little

2009 Scion xD - Consumer Review

Not Amazing, but great little car
By beezee on

2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a Scion because I loved our 2007 xD and have loved the Scion brand/product. Its a fun little car. Great pick-up when you need it. It gets great gas mileage - I do 50/50 city/freeway and get about 31mpg (and I'm a lead footed driver). I do have to say, I'm 6'3 & this isn't a great car for tall people (the xB would be a better choice). Haven't had any issues in the year of ownership. The adjustable back seats are loved by passengers & there is actually ample leg room back there (the flat back floor helps too). Holds lots of stuff when you need it. Major complaints...cup holder placement stinks & where the heck is the armrest?! Not deal breakers for me, but my be for the heavy commuters

Favorite Features

iPod connector. Peppy engine. Flat-folding, adjustable back seats. Sticker price. Tachometer/Speedometer is pretty cool. Gas mileage. Reliable. Center dashboard has a pretty neat design. Plastics inside are a little cheap to the touch, but look nice.

Suggested Improvements

Numb...Numb...Numb handling at low speeds- major drag. Head room is BAD (but I'm 6'3... tips of hair brush ceiling). ARMREST for the love of god! A little jumpy at higher speeds (80mph). Variable transmission is suppose to be cool - but it too frequently hunts for the right gear.