I like my xD
By Superhawk on
2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
Bought xD using Cash for Clunkers. My 1998 Ford Windstar had 218,535 miles and was the best vehicle out of 45 I have owned. I also drove the Honda Fit and Insight. Have 1,000 miles on xD now. Overall, I am very pleased. Decided at last minute to get the 5 speed manual. It was a great decision as I prefer controlling when shifts occur. The car has enough power for most situations. The engine is very smooth and quiet. Road noise is not an issue. The transmission shifts very well. The handling is tight and the brakes are good. My gas mileage went from 18 mpg in the Windstar to 31 mpg (mostly to and from work) and I drive fairly aggressively
Favorite Features
I like shifting the car best. Mine has a nice (upgraded) stereo. I like the bright red paint and the bulldog appearance. The spoiler makes it look a bit sportier.
Suggested Improvements
Don't roll either rear window down while driving. Like most cars, it roars and buffets the interior. I'd like another 20-30 HP but not at the expense of gas mileage. I had a couple of minor (factory problem) paint issues - touched up one. Put the oil filter in a metal housing like most cars.