2009 Scion xD Consumer Review: Great Car For The Money!

2009 Scion xD - Consumer Review

Great Car For The Money!
By Mike Sanchez on

2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Over all I've been very impressed with my 2009 xD. I'm a little less than two years out of college and it has been an excellent car for the money. I never thought of myself ever driving a Scion as they tend to be a little quirky looking, some could argue juvenile, but that's what gives it personality. Over all car handling, acceleration, reliability, residual value retention, over all performance, and many awards has made it a reassuring purchase. I've heard of negative comments about the paint job, road noise, etc but the optional sound deadening package, luster paint finish, etc (Vehicle Shield Protection) makes quite the improvement.

The standard features! Also, the Toyota Corolla engine, suspension, etc gives more bang for the buck. Great MPG! Also, it's extremely customizable and comfortable! The Honda Fit just doesn't compare especially in regards to comfort. I have the optional Pioneer sound package and it's well worth it!

Blind spots! Get bubble mirrors to add to the side mirrors! Could use more cargo space but it is after all a sub-compact. More head room too would be nice. Side note- As far as customizing, purchasing OEM parts (ebay) and hiring someone to install is easy and will save you 1/3 the dealership cost.