2009 Scion xD Consumer Review: Air Conditioner Drains into Ve

2009 Scion xD - Consumer Review

2009 Scion xD

Base 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Air Conditioner Drains into Vehicle
By JRN on

2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The vehicle is made w/o a filter and debris clogged my air conditioner drain twice. $600 later times 2, I'm getting rid of it. I don't care to have the condensation from the air conditioner draining on my feet!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By jeff1964
on 03/21/11 05:28 AM (PDT)

Same thing happened to me twice. First time it happened to me was 1 month after I used my AC. I heard water sloshing around behind my glove compartment, and then, viola!, front passenger side carpet was soaked. Took it to the dealership and they said "a spider got up in the tube....happens sometimes..the little buggers like them." Ok...Next summer, same thing happened. Took it to the dealership and they said that the whatever thing was "clogged with leaves..." I told them I don't have "stupid" on my forehead. It's a design flaw with the car. So now, got in my car this week (it's March and I used my AC once), and the carpet in the back, not front, is soaked! . A friend of mine who has a Lexus said he doesn't even use his AC because of that. To fix it on his car, they need to take the dash off and dig for it....$1,000 minimum.