A True Winner!
By ATM on
2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
Test drove a leftover '08 Mazda3 and frankly found it kind of boring to drive. The Toyota dealership was right next door so I ran over and test drove the xD and found it much more fun, plus it had just as many features and better gas mileage... and less expensive! A great car is when the more you drive it, the more you like it, and this is one of those type of vehicles. Toyota has figured this out and they seem to know what the customer likes and how to deliver it. I just can't believe how solid this thing is built for the price. Not to mention it looks good, too. This is my first Toyota and I doubt it'll be my last.
Favorite Features
mp3 AUX input is nice, however the iPod connecter doesn't seem to give you full control to navigate. The 60/40 split rear seats and the fact that they fold down flat. Just great features for the price all around. Oh, bring on those high gas prices too!
Suggested Improvements
Aforementioned iPod connection. Like others I wish it had an armrest, but I have found some aftermarket ones (with storage compartment) that might be a solution. Roof rack option. Also, an AWD option would be great for this vehicle.