2009 Scion xD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xD model:
Love this xD!
By MJ on 10/25/08 16:26 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have only had it for a few days but love it. I did a great deal of research (for years) before deciding on a vehicle. This one had the most to offer for the price plus the looks, cannot beat that!

Be Careful of the Paint
By R. Voss on 10/22/08 16:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Our 2009 Scion XD has terrible paint. It is Nautical Blue and it is defective and scratches at the rub of your finger. Make sure you look at the paint before you take the car off the lot.

Worth the wait
By Goog49 on 10/16/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was replacing a '98 Civic Hatchback. Desperately needed Cruise Control because of my commute. Also needed Traction Control because of the snow we get here. Test drove the xD, Nissan Versa, Toyota Yaris and Honda Fit. The cargo area in the Versa wasn't suitable for my dogs, the Yaris would only accommodate aftermarket Cruise Control, and the Fit's seat was very uncomfortable, at least for me. It took a few weeks to get the color and options I wanted. Gas mileage in the mid 30's, so far. Nice acceleration and overall ride. Interior nicely laid- out. Quirky exterior look, but just fine to me!

Paint problem
By Lynn L. on 10/13/08 15:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We love the car so far technically. We are having problems with the paint (nautical blue). It scratches at the touch of a finger and it looks dimpled. We are wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem. We have had the car for only 1 month and it gets worse and worse as the days go by. There also is a spot of discoloration in the front right panel of the car.

Cute!
By Darcie on 10/09/08 11:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love the new Scion xD. It is exactly what I need. I bought it after totaling my '03 Jeep Liberty. Needless to say, the gas mileage is a little better.

Worth the Wait
By Mick on 10/06/08 19:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I ordered my car the beginning of June and had to wait 3 months for the color I wanted but well worth the wait. I had test drove the Kia Spectra, Nissan Versa and the Xd. I have a SUV also. When on Edmunds, I fell over the review for the Xd and I am so glad I did. After reading multiple reviews I test drove and ordered all in the same day. This car is peppy, much faster than what I would have thought and great on the gas mileage. I no longer get a stomach ache when pulling up to the gas station. I have had it for one month and am averaging 36-38 MPG with about 75% freeway each day. Very happy with my choice. She is so dang cute with her rear spoiler !

Fun little car.
By F.W. on 10/03/08 05:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it as a replacement for my wife's Olsmobile Alero. This really is a great little car. Lots of pep, the handling is great, gas mileage is phenomenal, features are fantastic, and it looks like a little monster in a good way. I researched these small style cars for about two months now and it came down to a toss up between the Honda Fit Sport and the xD. Thankfully the xD comes in one base model and comes fully loaded vs the Fit, which you have to spend the extra cash for the Sport to get the same features. Granted the Fit has a little more cargo space, but for price (Pure Pricing), reliability, style, features and peppier engine, xD all the way. No regrets, we love this car.

Blue 2009 Scion
By aladawn on 09/17/08 15:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Scion for three weeks today. Had 6 miles on it when I got it. My kids and I drove it to North Carolina from Ohio. It has plenty of power, handled the hills and curves of W. Virginia great. The size is great really easy to reach everywhere to wash. No chips or dings in paint after the trip, does seem to catch the bugs on front but my husband said my Buick did too I just never noticed. He's probably right.The gas mileage was excellent 31 in the hills, 36 though N. Carolina. Around home it's about 33 mpg. mix of city and highway. Great fun to drive. Controls are all easy to reach. Does have a small blind spot, check twice. I am in love, the dog and husband are jealous.

What A Great Car
By NC Rob on 09/17/08 08:47 AM (PDT)

2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It is fun to drive, gets great gas mileage (43 mpg, first fill up) and hauls my wife, two labs and groceries with no problems. Salesperson was wonderful - no surprises and all the tech info I needed. I would recommend this car and dealer to anyone wishing for max value and pleasant, safe and fun driving.

Super fun 2nd Family Car
By SoCal Driver on 09/16/08 10:37 AM (PDT)

2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Needed a 2nd car for all my kid pick- ups and drops. Our Suburban has a severe drinking problem and is in rehab. Looked and researched every car in this category. It was between the xD and the Fit. The xD was $2k less than the similarly equipped Fit and the fit/finish and engine performance was much, much better as well. Also, the Honda dealers came across as very snotty about the Fit, not my thing. Didn't notice any difference between the manual and auto when testing. Handles amazingly well. Feels sporty and luxurious inside. Great on the hwy as well as our rural roads. MPG - solid 31 city (hilly and curvy) and 38 highway. Will be the kids' car in 2 yrs and they love it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Scion xD in NJ is:

$193 per month*