Used 2009 Scion xD Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Scion Xd - Consumer Reviews

2009 Scion xD

View reviews for a specific xD model:

Love My Car it Is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By PRBEBA

2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I went into the toyota dealer looking for a car that I had rented in PR when I was on vacation. It was the Yaris very good on fuel. Kept looking and saw the new release XD which I fell in love with because the color was green which is my favorite color. I spoke with a scion rep. decided to get the scion XD. Great on gas. Size is perfect for me, i'm only 4"11 so it's just the right size for me. I highly recommend this car to all. It has every thing you need.

Favorite Features

The color green, great on gas comes with everything you need. This is the Release model.

Suggested Improvements

Think it was made just right, maybe a little bit more space in back seat from the hatchback door. Would had loved to have even more accessories for my car. The carbon fiber gas door etc..................

Very pleased !!
By D.B

2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a sporty, efficient yet practical car. I would highly recommend it. The manual tranny gives more of a driving experience. Accessories are hard to get at an affordable price. Responsive steering and handling. In my opinion has plenty of power. It gets up to speed quickly. Has way more options than the competition, I.E. ABS brakes, power door/windows, etc. By far the best value out there.

Favorite Features

Driving experience and ABS.

Suggested Improvements

Slightly taller cab roof.

love my little roller skate
By fufi

2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have only had my Scion since April but after 4000 miles I'm still enjoying every minute of it. I was looking for a good quality small car for a decent price how could you go wrong with a product of toyota. I am planning on owning this vehicle for a long time I hope the brand holds up to its reputation.

Favorite Features

I love the cool look of the interior having an Aux port and ipod port definitely get use outta both. I bought am aftermarket armrest from ebay works just fine for me. Overall great car fun to drive without a doubt.

Suggested Improvements

My only major complaint is the rough ride living in Chicago ("the city of pot holes and bad roads") it really can take those bumps and cracks pretty hard. But as I said before I still love my little roller skate. LOL

In a double rollover!
By Kerry

2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

T-boned (broadsided,) out of state, rolled twice, wrapped around a light pole. No broken bones! No broken windows!?!?! What a sturdy little beast.

Favorite Features

Saved my life, my daughter and son-in-law's lives.

Not Amazing, but great little car
By beezee

2009 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a Scion because I loved our 2007 xD and have loved the Scion brand/product. Its a fun little car. Great pick-up when you need it. It gets great gas mileage - I do 50/50 city/freeway and get about 31mpg (and I'm a lead footed driver). I do have to say, I'm 6'3 & this isn't a great car for tall people (the xB would be a better choice). Haven't had any issues in the year of ownership. The adjustable back seats are loved by passengers & there is actually ample leg room back there (the flat back floor helps too). Holds lots of stuff when you need it. Major complaints...cup holder placement stinks & where the heck is the armrest?! Not deal breakers for me, but my be for the heavy commuters

Favorite Features

iPod connector. Peppy engine. Flat-folding, adjustable back seats. Sticker price. Tachometer/Speedometer is pretty cool. Gas mileage. Reliable. Center dashboard has a pretty neat design. Plastics inside are a little cheap to the touch, but look nice.

Suggested Improvements

Numb...Numb...Numb handling at low speeds- major drag. Head room is BAD (but I'm 6'3... tips of hair brush ceiling). ARMREST for the love of god! A little jumpy at higher speeds (80mph). Variable transmission is suppose to be cool - but it too frequently hunts for the right gear.