This has been a great little car. Reliable, economic, and super easy to drive. Exterior paint hasn't held up very well, and it isnt a very comfortable ride for long trips. But for around town, and its interior room, it can't be beat. We take zippy to all the yard sales because she can hold sooo much! 27 mpg around town is great.
- major problem is the front seats hurt my lower back after 30 min or more drives. the lower back support has a hard bar that hurts. like a fold out couch sofa that has a bar going through the cushion in the middle. The lower cushion is not big enough and leaves my legs hanging. No adjustment for leg height. I am 5'9'' and 170 lbs girls may not have this problem. i just replaced the seats yesterday with$500 TC seats set
- fast for economy car.
- i get 26 city and 32 hwy, i drive a little fast
- great quality, just the sun visor has a line looks unfinished
- Great look inside and out.
- small like a SUV that was shrunk down.
- cargo good
- Looks inside and out.
- Dash and great Radio
- Great MPG 29AVG
- power windows, locks, keyless entry.
- fold down
- really easy to park so small.
- has a clock
- when seats fold flat the gap is filled with a cheep
piece of cardboard, the gap should be filled with the seats and not a piece of cardboard. and go flat to the floor not raised up. (honda Fit has this)
- ipod connecter should be USB and not a wired cord for the ipod. And the ipod should be able to be charged when you are connected to the Radio, it will not charge currently.
(Pionner has radios that do this)
- add more adjustments to seat like a lumbar support, lumbar support adjustment, leg height adjustment, (Scion TC seats have leg adjust only on driver side).
- add a telescoping steering wheel.
(toyota prius has this)
-add outside temp gage. (a lot of cars have this)
Tottally worth the money!!! I have the 2009 model, I drove to Kingsport TN from Hudson, NC...all mountain terrain and still got a whopping 33 mpg...I do have the 5speed though. I loved the way it drives and that it fills up for 40.00. I would drive my scion anywhere short distance or long distance.
I like how the scion sits, not like a sports car but more like a small suv. Additionnally the gas mileage! I went from driving a Lincoln Navigator to the scion, and am tottally STOKED! I also love the stereo and how the controls are on the steering wheel.
The seating could have more options in the driver and passenger side. Go up or down...something there is only 1 seating setting and that is it. Also, better speakers in the back awesome stereo but NOT awesome sound. I am thinking about upgrading my sound system.
I haven't seen anyone review who's owned their xD for a while. I bought mine brand new in December 2008. (I remember some of the reviews I see here from my research!) I test drove both the xD and the Honda Fit the same day. I was not impressed with the Fit, and fell in love with the xD after I made a right hand turn out of the dealership-the car takes turns beautifully. Since then, the performance has remained steady-surviving long trips and daily commutes. It's run excellently and has only had oil changes thus far. I just had my first problem today-the car wouldn't start-going into the dealership tomorrow. I wish it did a little better in snow/ice-it's kind of wimpy. Otherwise, love.
Radio Controls on the Steering Wheel
The vehicle is made w/o a filter and debris clogged my air conditioner drain twice. $600 later times 2, I'm getting rid of it. I don't care to have the condensation from the air conditioner draining on my feet!