Very Cool Econobox
By BillyBones on
2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
Wifey and I owned a 2002 Envoy before buying our Xd. We got it with black 18 inch wheels, rear spoiler, mats, chrome decoration and the blingy interior lights. Got hosed on our trade, but doesn't everyone with an SUV today. Went from putting $70 a week in gas to $35 every 2 weeks. Maiden voyage was 1200 miles round trip from Ct. to southern Virginia. Highway average was 38 mpg. After coming home, we get 30 mpg in all around driving. That's with a straight gear, light foot and hyper-mile-ing. A very comfortable car(we drove 10 hrs), power is a little short, but past 3500 rpm and it zips real nicely. We drove the Civic and I really liked it. But, I liked the hatchback and the Fit was just boring
Favorite Features
Handling is great. Mileage superb. We bought red because I don't consider silver, black or white actual colors. That leaves red or blue. The blue is close to black. 5 speed works smoothly, got used to the gauge setup. Gets lots of compliments.
Suggested Improvements
As everyone says, an armrest would be nice. Dump the tire pressure monitor. I bought back the original tire/wheel combo for the winter months. The tire valves are the monitors. $134 each if you buy them. I got rubber ones and will see the light on till I change over to the 18's in the spring.