Still Shaking
By Sparkle on
2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
I traded an o7 Camry that was paid for, at 18,000 miles, and another year on the 36,000 mile warranty for the Scion xD. The Camry was a sweet ride, and it had all the bells, and whistles, but the gas mileage was nada. I'm still shaking just thinking about it, however it cost me no out of pocket money. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I drove the xD home, and the first big truck that came by did not blow me off the road, I hardly felt it. I still have over half tank of gas, at 193 miles. I had two choices, I could look at the Camry in the drive way or I could ride the xD all over the place. Gas in not going down, and I made the adjustment. I'm glad I did it. I like to ride.
Favorite Features
It looks better than the other subcompacts. A stable car, good around large trucks. Keyless entry, power windows, and doors, cruise, rear defroster, standard equipment is excellent. Love the gas mileage, and cute too. I feel like a cool grandma at 60.
Suggested Improvements
It could use an armrest in the center. Fat people like me will find the leg room somewhat short.