Six months later.
By Pleased Consumer on
2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
I purchased the xD in March 2008, and have six months experience driving it. Fuel economy has been a steady 34 mpg, calculated. I have had only one incident where the Vehicle Stabilization Control system automatically worked its magic. It was during a highway run, climbing a hill during a rainstorm when traction was especially bad. The system kicked in at a time when I was unaware that I was losing traction. I maintained control with its aid, slowed down,and carried on with my trip all smoothly, safely done. This VSC is a worthwhile feature. One slight but nagging shortfall in the design of this car is the FEEL of the brakes-- they operate well, but are vague in their feel.
Favorite Features
The features themselves, their number and convenience. This is a nice package for the price, a wonderful small car. I like its homely looks, too.
Suggested Improvements
Improve the FEEL of the brakes, Toyota. They need not actuate abruptly, just not so tentatively when first applied. This is the only area where my previous car excelled this one-- brake feel feedback.