Scion xD - Impressive little hatchback
By ndave on
2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I'll admit it. I didn't want to look inside this vehicle. However, I bought one. I started by looking at small, affordable econosized cars. I test drove Mazda3 hatchback, Honda Fit and Civic, Toyota Yaris, Corolla (CE, LE, SE) and Matrix. Scion xD offers a smooth ride that picks up nicely and gets you to where you need to go. It's a true city car. Small, compact, affordable and gas economical. Excellent gas ratings (>35mpg), is comfortable in the inside, and is extremely user-friendly. The seats fold down flat in the back. It can haul a ton of stuff; or seat 5 (normal weight) persons very comfortably. Car feels "euro" designed. It's an urbanized car that can get around a city easily.
Favorite Features
Standard power doors/windows, cruise control, music/vol controls on steering wheel. Comfortable seats and spacious interior, rear seats fold flat, upgraded stereo, 6 speakers, 2 aux outputs, front and side curtain airbag, good safety ratings + reliability ratings, pure pricing, black interior.
Suggested Improvements
It may be bumpy/bouncy on unpaved roads, and there may be increased cabin noise on the freeway. Interior may feel dark at night. Windows may feel small in back. The Pioneer "joystick" may be difficult to navigate. Overall I love this car so far!