2008 Scion xD Consumer Review: Glad I Didn't Buy the Honda Fi

2008 Scion xD - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Glad I Didn't Buy the Honda Fit
By Aleida on

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I should be getting speeding tickets every time I drive it...I'm having tons of fun driving a stick again. On the freeway I'm doing 80 without realizing it. In the beginning gasoline would splash back out at every fill up. It took two visits to the same dealership to get the problem fixed. My description was not adequate so the second time the service manager hopped in and we went to a gas station and he saw it happen.

Favorite Features

Radio controls on the steering wheel is my number one favorite feature. I got the optional armrest which enhances my comfort. Very happy with the optional cargo liner that my two dogs trample on. I also like the window closing feature when the key has already been taken out of the ignition.

Suggested Improvements

I could really use a sixth gear and wish the gear I'm in would be displayed on the dash. I would have liked a sunroof (almost went with the Tc). I like the rear windows partially open but the sound it produces is almost unbearable. Elastic pockets behind the front seats would have made sense.