2008 Scion xD Consumer Review: Perfection.

2008 Scion xD - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Perfection.
By MaxM on

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I was first looking at cars to buy I was trying to find an SUV. I wanted a vehicle that I could put stuff in the back of (home depot trips, etc.). Unfortunately, gas shot up to like $4 a gallon that day so I got rid of the SUV idea. After a lot of researching and reviewing, i went with the xD for its gas mileage, fold- down back seats (my friend and I can finagle our mountain bikes in there and trips to home depot are no problem), a low price tag, and the Toyota built engine. I've had the car about 6 months now and i couldn't be happier. It's definitely got some pep to it when you hit the gas, too. Good for light stuff, just don't expect to do any heavy hauling.

Fold-down back seats, gas mileage, reliable, ballsy for a small car, lots of cup holders!, and lots of options to customize it when you buy it and a hell of a lot of aftermarket parts. Oh and it's got a good amount of space: I'm 6', 245 lbs and I feel really comfortable driving it.

It'd be nice to squeeze a little more MPG out of it. If i take it easy for a week I'll get 33 mpg; if i really hammer it, 26 mpg; on average, 29 mpg.