Overpriced for what you get
By DL on
2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
My wife bought this monday. Over all it is not a bad car but dealing with Scion dealers left a bad taste in our mouth. Scion likes to claim they have a "Pure Price" that is set by Scion but the dealers pile on doc fees and every other fee you can think of. But that is enough about the horrible dealers and lets talk about the xD. The car itself is very small. It is basicly a four door toyota yaris but it does have side airbags standard and in this car you will need them in a T bone crash. My wife thought the ride of the car was ok but to me it felt just like the old scion xA which was bumpy and cheap feeling. The car has about 23 more hp than the xA but on the road you cannot feel it.
Favorite Features
It is a cute car in a dorky kind of way and I guess that is who scion is marketing it to. It handles ok for a small car but it does still have the low end feel to it.
Suggested Improvements
Gas milage so far has not been that good. The car is avergaing 34 mpg on the Hway so far. I expected a lot more from a econo box. Also Scion dealers are horrible with fees. I will not buy another car from Scion. Their "Pure Price" is a joke. Over all this car is over priced for what you get.