2008 Scion xD Consumer Review: My little toaster

2008 Scion xD Hatchback - Consumer Review

My little toaster
By matt from ct on

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Just got the car almost a month ago, and so far so good. Gas mileage is amazing, although I find interior space and legroom a little small. But it's not bad considering I'm a big fella. I understand that I had to give up some of the spaciousness of my prior car (98 jeep g.c) to enjoy the superb mileage. Handling seems a little mushy around corners on the highway, and I think eventually I'll add the TRD rear sway bar, which is supposed to improve handling tremendously. The car is very versatile with the folding/reclining rear seats, and is perfect for a car seat. Easy to get the kids in and out. A fit driver told me he wishes he got the xd, since the Fit can barely get out of it's own way.

Favorite Features

rear hatch opens easily, stereo, smooth shifting 5 speed, great for kids. people love the looks, mine is super white. wonderful new car smell. car is very peppy, 3rd gear really cooks. neat accessories available, i got the rear bumper protector. very high quality build. made in japan, total quality.

Suggested Improvements

Can't stand the digital gas gauge, multi function gauge difficult to use. speakers could use improvement. steering wheel and shift knob feel could be nicer. came with cheap tires, cant wait to upgrade. short on legroom, my right knee hits the hvac at times. love the car!! highly recommended!