2008 Scion xD Consumer Review: Love this little car!

2008 Scion xD Hatchback - Consumer Review

Love this little car!
By plewis on

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just love my Scion xD! It is very comfortable to drive, handles well and the savings on gas is outstanding. I used to drive a Hyundai Santa Fe and while I loved that car as well, the gas costs were starting to get old. The knowledge that it is a Toyota product was also a deciding factor. I went into the dealership with the intent purpose of buying a Toyota and when I compared the "standard" options of the Matrix against those of the xD, it was no contest. Not to mention the price which was a lot less for the xD.

I love the fact that you can manipulate the stereo via the steering wheel. I'm 5 ft 7 so the headroom in such a small car is great.

Would have preferred just a straight up or down motion when changing gears. Also, for someone who is getting "visually challenged" the older I get, trying to see the black numbers against the orange dial on the clock is very difficult.