It's OK, but Caution Advised...
By Katie on
2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
Price was OK, but I might not buy it again. Screw went into tire sidewall in July 08, but no tire dealer had the odd ball size--took a week to order. Radio doesn't receive my favorite stations (90 Nissan did perfectly). Owners manual says to use only 0w-20 oil (or 5w-20), but Castrol won't sell it to consumers; my favorite auto shop doesn't buy it in bulk. Very noisy ride--so much so that dog doesn't like it. Doors seem to lock mysteriously, with no door key/lock on passenger side--have to go around. Dash gauges can be seen only by pushing button--not safe to do while driving--odometer should always be visible.
Favorite Features
Estimated mpg matches sticker or better, and on highway, sometimes get 36 mpg. Seats fold flat--so did Honda Fit, my first choice, but the Fit did not come in white (deal breaker).
Suggested Improvements
Provide better quality radio, standard tire sizes, diagram of oil drain plug (+ oil filter location) in owners manual. Larger gas tank. More "viewing" area in the rear--better than the Prius, but new cars are dangerous with such diminished visibility.