2008 Scion xD Consumer Review: I love this car!

2008 Scion xD Hatchback - Consumer Review

I love this car!
By Betsy on

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I got my xD for a long commute - I drive 1000 miles a week on average. My gas mileage is consistently 35+ mpg on the highway, 32-34 overall. It's a little noisy, but responsive and smooth. It's cute as anything; people are always turning to check out my car! I've never owned a hip car before. A little more cargo space would be nice. The stereo controls are great, and I love that cruise control comes standard. I wish the fuel gauge was a little more attention-getting. Sometimes I don't notice that I'm low on gas until it's been flashing for a while; it's not very bright. I actually ran out of gas on my first tank... then again, I should pay more attention!

Great stereo and safety features. Side curtain airbags (a.k.a. Hummer Protection). I feel tall, even though it's a sub-compact car. I love the dual glove compartments, too. And it's so cute!! I love it.

There's not a comfortable armrest anywhere, and the headrest is a bit awkward. Kind of a big blind spot.