2008 Scion xD Consumer Review: I love my little xD!

2008 Scion xD Hatchback - Consumer Review

I love my little xD!
By genius163 on

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2006 Volvo XC90 for the 2008 Scion xD for the gas savings. I get nearly double the gas mileage now. I still use a rear-facing car seat for my baby and it actually fits better in the back seat of the Scion than it did in the Volvo. I think it has as much to do with the shape of the dashboard as it does with the roominess of the back seat, but whatever the reason, the front passenger is always glad not have knees jammed up against the dashboard. Because the xD is tall with a high seating position, downsizing from an SUV was not nearly the adjustment I thought it would be.

All the features that come standard: steering wheel controls, iPod jack, rear wiper. First two oil changes are free.

Automatic headlights should come standard. Suction cup window shades should be sold as an option for the rear window and rear side windows since nothing else on the market fits these windows.