I'm a scion, too.
By Pleased Consumer on
2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
I had been driving a Honda Civic hatchback for the last 10 years, before buying this car. I chose the xD after doing research on current small cars. This car surprised me in a few ways : 1) the high value-to- cost ratio 2) the very different look of the car (pleasing, to me) 3) the excellent gas mileage ratings and 4) the obvious commitment by Toyota to "getting it right". I might have purchased an xA if it had been available this year, but not after driving the xD ! I think Toyota has gotten it right with this package. My wife was enthusiastic enough to purchase an xB the following month.
Favorite Features
None of my previous cars had an automatic transmission. Auto was one of the features that caused me to buy a new car. Size was another. I just like small cars. I'm still not sure how they engineered so much interior room in this car.
Suggested Improvements
A front arm rest, between the driver and front passenger would be nice. A telescoping steering wheel might make adjusting the distance to the driver a bit more ideal, without adjusting the seat.