2008 Scion xD Consumer Review: Hidden Gem

2008 Scion xD Hatchback - Consumer Review

2008 Scion xD Hatchback

Hidden Gem
By Scrapster on

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Last week I traded in my Scion tC for an xD. Although some would consider that a "downgrade," the new car fits me much better. So far, I love it! Fun to drive, fantastic fuel economy, solid build quality--I can't understand why these aren't more popular.It has more life than the Versa, Yaris or Matrix, and feels more solid on the highway than the Fit. Okay, I will concede the car's one major flaw--it is most comfortable for shorter drivers. But to me, that's a plus compared to my old tC where I could barely see over the doors! Still, with a seat height adjuster or telescoping steering wheel, the xD would cater to more people.

Tremendous pick-up and braking ability for a high MPG car. Feels smooth and stable.

Interior fabrics could be better. Suspension is just a little soft on quick turns, but that can easily be fixed with an inexpensive upgrade. Also, I too noticed a strange harmonic wind problem when driving with the back windows open. Need to experiment with that one more.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By agalcowa
on 03/29/11 11:50 AM (PDT)

I'm 6'3" and find driving my xD very comfortable. It would be nice with a telescopic steering wheel and fully adjustable seats, but it's not horrible without it.