2008 Scion xD Consumer Review: Hidden Gem

2008 Scion xD - Consumer Review

Hidden Gem
By Scrapster on

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Last week I traded in my Scion tC for an xD. Although some would consider that a "downgrade," the new car fits me much better. So far, I love it! Fun to drive, fantastic fuel economy, solid build quality--I can't understand why these aren't more popular.It has more life than the Versa, Yaris or Matrix, and feels more solid on the highway than the Fit. Okay, I will concede the car's one major flaw--it is most comfortable for shorter drivers. But to me, that's a plus compared to my old tC where I could barely see over the doors! Still, with a seat height adjuster or telescoping steering wheel, the xD would cater to more people.

Tremendous pick-up and braking ability for a high MPG car. Feels smooth and stable.

Interior fabrics could be better. Suspension is just a little soft on quick turns, but that can easily be fixed with an inexpensive upgrade. Also, I too noticed a strange harmonic wind problem when driving with the back windows open. Need to experiment with that one more.
By agalcowa
on 03/29/11 11:50 AM (PDT)

I'm 6'3" and find driving my xD very comfortable. It would be nice with a telescopic steering wheel and fully adjustable seats, but it's not horrible without it.