2008 Scion xD Consumer Review: Great Buy - Great Fuel Ecomony

2008 Scion xD - Consumer Review

Great Buy - Great Fuel Ecomony
By Tim from Nebraska on

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Have had my xD for about 18 months (33,000 miles) and love it. Depending upon how you drive, you'll meet or beat EPA. I drive on the slow side and have gotten 45 mpg highway more than a few times (yes 45!) even with family of 4 in the car. In summer, I regularly get 34-36 with mixed driving. The car is fun to drive and comfy for me (I'm only 5' 5" though). First car I ever bought new. No problems in 18 months. Tires still in good shape too. We test drove every car in this class (Nissan Versa, Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris, Kia Rio, Hyndai Accent, etc..) and felt that this was the best buy and ride for the money. Standard features can't be best. Highly recommend!

IPod and Aux interfaces - work great! Onboard mileage computer. Seats in back lay down flat for nice big cargo area. Radio controls on steering wheel (standard). Standard side curtain air bags. Traction control (optional). Standard stereo is great!

Rear window minimizes view. When rear headrests are left up, it blocks view of rear window. Bluetooth (available in 2009 model). Ability to calibrate avg mpg in onboard computer (mine is always 3 mpg higher than reality). Middle seatbelt in back is a bit of a pain, but rarely use it.