Decent car, but wouldn't buy it again
By DJ on
2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
I was looking for something inexpensive, reliable, and stylish; I'd pretty much had my heart set on the scion tc, but I had hesitations about getting a 2 door, so I got the xd instead. This car is ok, but I have a few somewhat major gripes. There are HUGE blind spots on either side near the rear windows [& a tiny back window], so when I want to change lanes, I feel like I'm taking a risk even with turning my head to look and using my mirrors. The brake system is weird, and even though it's supposed to respond to a 'light tap', I have to press pretty hard to get the car to stop, and it's a very bumpy ride (even going over parking lot speed bumps feels like off-roading in rough terrain).
Favorite Features
Power locks and windows, keyless entry. Excellent gas mileage. Compact - can park it anywhere. About 5 billion cupholders! Fold down rear seats. Good steering/handling. Stylish for such a small car. Comfy seats.
Suggested Improvements
Better suspension [to help with bumpiness], different brake system, bigger windows to lessen blind spots. More cargo space, and an ARM REST/place for cds! More power.