Car & Driver
By Ancron on
2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
Having been driving a 1995 Honda Civic CX Hatchback for the last 10 Years, this was definitely different! After studying Hondas and Toyotas I had it in my mind to either buy a Corola or a Civic (Both have exceptional Engines that last for quite a long time!). Determined to go to the Honda dealership and the Toyota dealership before I actually buy. My first stop was at the Toyota dealership. After the salesman showed me a few corolas on sale then he showed me a Scion XD. Having no idea about Scions (At the time I didn't know they were toyotas, I just thought they were another cheap brand), he explained in detail about the scion brand. After test driving the Scion and Corola, I bought the XD.
Favorite Features
Love the Hatch back and room, my Honda was a hatchback and I actually marveled on how much stuff I could actually haul in it! Good handling and good enough power for a car that gets about 30+ MPG. Love all the extras (Power locks, windows, AC, etc), remember, my last car had manual everything!
Suggested Improvements
The tinting is just right, didn't buy the car to go 180 MPH. Might possibly get some rims at a later time. Lucky my car came with the optional rear spoiler, floor mats, upgraded stereo.