All-around great little car!
By phxpatrick on
2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
With gas at $4 a gallon, I researched several higher-mileage cars including the Toyota Yaris, Nissan Versa, Honda Fit, and the Scion XD. I chose the Scion even though it didn't have the highest MPG ratings, but it did come with far more standard amenities and just as many safety features as the others. To add all of the standard XD features to the Yaris, Versa or Fit, and you'd bump their prices higher than the base XD. In addition to the great mileage (I'm averaging about 33 MPG in mixed- conditions, driving 50 miles a day), it has 128 HP which gets me in and out of traffic quickly. I'm 5'11, 200 lbs, and there's plenty of head, leg and hip room. I highly recommend the XD!
Favorite Features
Interior and exterior styling and quality. Amazing number of standard amenities, including cruise, power windows & locks, 160 watt stereo w/IPOD & MP3 player jacks, driver and passenger side curtain airbags, instant digital readout MPG calculations, trip meter, gas gauge, etc.
Suggested Improvements
Really could use a fold-down armrest on the right side of the driver's seat, and a storage pouch or net on the back sides of the front seats for additional storage. The only thing I liked about my wife's old Toyota Echo was all of the misc storage space, especially the under-passenger seat drawer.