Used 2008 Scion xD Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Scion Xd - Consumer Reviews

2008 Scion xD

View reviews for a specific xD model:

Scion xD Good Choice
By wendy

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Overall I am completely satisfied with my Scion xD. I purchased a 2008 xD in May 2008 because I commute 140 miles round trip. The xD has all the air bags, ABS and cruise control standard unlike some other small cars I looked at (Toyota Yaris, Honda Fit). My commute is half open freeway and half stop and go freeway. My fuel efficiency averages 35 MPG during the summer with the AC on all the time. I expect it to go up in the fall and winter. The xD is comfortable although the seats could be a little cushier. I think the gauges are well placed. Not having an arm rest doesn't bother me. Main drawback is blocking the sun from the door window. The sun visor doesn't have an extension.

Favorite Features

Odometer features, average MPG and miles left on this tank of gas are my favorites Stereo controls on steering wheel cruise control lots of cup holders and storage cubbies Good air flow vents

Suggested Improvements

Sun visor extension to block sun completely from door window

Fun car but fuel eco. not what expected
By jpowell

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This was my wife's first new car. We bought it because of the look, the navigation system, but mostly because of the "expected" great fuel economy. I don't have much to say about the design besides that there should be an arm rest and it is crazy that the nav system doesn't allow you to use some of the options when the car is moving. The only real disappointment is the gas mileage. I read many reviews that stated 30+ and much more on trips. We have never seen anything better than 26-27/gallon city or highway or some combination. I know it's not way off, but I was planning to see better than what we are getting.

Favorite Features

Navigation system, rims, pick up

Suggested Improvements

Stop treating owners like irresponsible babies by not letting us use parts of the nav system while the car is moving.

notthing better in this price
By Doidao1013

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I can not got anything better for the price, scion is the best I really enjoy drive this car every day!

Favorite Features

VSC, ABS, EBD,EB, scion has everything, also I add the NV system so now I have everything

Suggested Improvements

Does need improvements, for that this price can get anything better than scion.

Saved my life!
By Ahowe

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in February 08 when we sold our Xterra. Already own a 06 corolla, and like Toyotas. This car is zippy, good gas mileage (31 city, 33+ hwy) and looks great. Standard power everything, cruise, you name it! The safety features are all standard- side, seat and front air bags. Good thing, too. A guy in a stolen car ran me off the road and into the concrete median in the middle of the hwy going about 65 mph, and I walked away with a sprained wrists and burns/scrapes from the seat belt and airbags. The car didn't make it, but it did it's job. Loved that little car and will miss it, but thankful for the fun it gave me and the life it saved!

Favorite Features

Standard power windows, locks, remote, cruise, CD, side, curtain, front air bags, better than decent gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise was a little loud, black interior showed dirt, dash and doors seemed like they scuffed pretty easily...

Scion XD
By Nancy

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I debated which to buy, the Honda Fit or the Scion XD. I decided that I liked the body style better with the XD, I also liked the larger wheels which came standard on the XD (16" as opposed to the Honda Fit 14"). I am so happy with the XD. I drive 150 miles a day to/from work so I log a lot of miles quickly. I am now up to 11,800 miles and have not had a problem. It is comfortable and roomy for 4 adults. We recently took it from Ann Arbor to Chicago for a soccer tournament and had plenty of room for all four adults, we just made sure to pack lightly as there is not a lot of room for numerous suitcases but then again that is not what I bought it for. I highly recommend this car.

Favorite Features

body styling; 16" wheels; peppy engine; smooth ride; plenty of room for 4 adults

Suggested Improvements

I wish the warranty was 100,000 miles just in case!