2008 Scion xD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xD model:
Love My 2008 "Lil Hottie" Scion XD
By Love My Scion XD on 06/15/08 20:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2008 Scion Xd a week ago and I am enjoying my drive. It is a fun car to drive and I look forward to driving it every day. It is a little noisy but the standard features outweigh the road noise. I test drove the Honda Fit, the Nissan Versa and the Honda Civic before test driving the Scion Xd and when I did I knew I had found the car. It was fun to drive and all the standard features. The gas mileage is what they say 26 city avg. and 32 hwy miles. I mainly drive city miles. I do wish it had a center armrest. Wished the VSC would come standard but other than that I love my Scion in red. Enjoy when I see turned heads as I drive by. I love it's uniqueness in looks. Love it!

Wish I Could Return it
By Tom Gandy on 06/15/08 18:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this XD with the auto trans, that was the first mistake. This thing scares the heck our of me while trying to merge into 70 mph traffic. Road noise is excessive and the ride is rather bumpy. The brakes are adequate but spongy. Highway mpg is not too bad at 38 but local driving is a dismal 23 mpg. Rear passenger space is surprisingly adequate for average sized people. Rear storage space is small but this a sub compact and is to be expected. The hubcaps had to go. I bought 7 spoke wheels that look much better.

It's only getting better
By kris on 06/12/08 13:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have my XD for only 3 weeks now that’s not a long time but it took me 6 months to decided on a car and boy was it the right one. It’s not a car for everyone but you have to judge your needs and figure out what’s best for you. The XD has everything I needed power on everything but the seat. ipod connection, decent power for the car it is. Looks cool and with the addition of some aftermarket products it will look great.

Great little car
By JMAC on 06/12/08 09:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

If your looking for a subcompact that is dependable,well built, good on gas and different, then buy this car. This is the second Scion in my family and I can tell you these cars are great deals. Get in and test drive one and see for yourself. If you want 36+ miles a gallon,all the options at one price, and a cool car to boot then buy an XD.

Nice for the Price
By ke_parks on 06/09/08 17:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I like the car so far, I have only had it a couple of days. I traded in my 05 civic for it, I think it has better pickup than the civic, Has a lot a neat features inside, like Ipod jack and mp3 player jack, The mpg is Ok, not as good as the civic but I think it is fun to drive. I like how it sets up higher kind of like a small suv with a lot better mpg

Gas-O-holic
By pH on 06/09/08 15:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We chose the Scion xD for the obvious reasons, gas mileage and bang for the buck. The car has an ugly dog sort of cuteness to it. Our initial impression is that it is a great little car. You definitely get what they advertise. If you want a Lexus level of performance, quiet and ride quality, don't buy this car. If you want an inexpensive, feature heavy car, this is the one you want! The "Pure Price" concept makes buying cars a snap. No pressure, no negotiating - what you see is what you get.

Disappointed
By Cyn on 06/05/08 18:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Gas mileage not what was promised. I'm only getting 22.3 MPG mostly city with some highway. My old 6 cyl Mercedes got similar! The dash board rattles, sounds like there's a hornet in the car. Lots of blind spots, the rear window is like a porthole; the wide front struts and bulky side mirrors completely obscure pedestrians in crosswalks and vehicles approaching on the right. Visibility is so poor, I don't think I'll be keeping the car. Wish I'd gotten the Honda Fit. Too bad, Scion.

OK for what it is.
By Craig Reinehr on 06/04/08 14:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car for gas mileage and ability to still haul a few things, and that's exactly what I got. It goes down the highway fine, and of course is good around town. The standard accessories are nice because it's most of the things you'd "add" anyhow. Disappointed in no center arm rest as a standard option, and the "XM Ready" radio is about as ready as any radio is. It cost $500 more dollars to make it ready, which is very deceiving.

Amazing Bang for the Buck
By PA on 06/04/08 13:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We were in the market for a small, affordable car with decent space and high mpg. The xD price tag impressed us but when you add in all of the features that are included with the price such as the functionality of the interior (sliding and folding rear seats), the electronics (trip computer, cruise, great stereo with steering wheel controls and aux/iPod inputs), and the solid handling and engine, the car is a huge bargain. It really feels substantial on the road and the power is much better than expected. It's actually fun to drive and doesn't look like every other car out there! The gas mileage is excellent so far. The xD may very well become our car for long trips now.

2008 Scion Xd
By Xdvnt on 06/03/08 21:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I picked up the Xd last month after the rising price in gas was making it impossible for me to keep my old vehicle. Went from a Nissan Titan to the Xd and I couldn't be happier. It's so fun to drive. Very sporty and nimble. Lots of get up and go for such a small engine. I was pleasantly surprised at how much room it has inside too. I'm 6'2" and fit in it with no problems at all. When I first purchased it, all I could think about was how much I was going to miss driving my truck. Now, much to my surprise, I enjoy driving the Scion more than I did my Titan. And the mileage is great. So far the lowest tank I've had has been 35 MPG and I have a tendency to keep my foot in it a lot. Very pleased.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Scion xD in NJ is:

$188 per month*