2008 Scion xD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xD model:
It's A Winner
By It's A Winner on 06/28/08 16:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am a visiting Nurse and am in my car all day, going from patient to patient. Needed good MPG. Looked at Versa, Fit And Suzuki SX4. It was between XD and SX4, would buy this car again tomorrow. I LOVE it. It is fun to drive, fits anywhere and has good pick-up. Agree with need to decrease road noise, wish there was an armrest, and that doors lock when car is put in gear. I get many questions and compliments on my zippy red XD.

Drives Like A "Go Kart"
By coytheboy on 06/27/08 09:49 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is a neat little car that drives like a sports car but gives you the feel that you are in a larger car that grips the road like a Jag. The xD is very responsive and well powered in spite of its economy. It reminds me a bit like a "Go Kart" the way it handles turns. On long trips she is very comfortable and the standard stereo is high quality. MPG is in the mid 30's which is great for such a peppy car. Only negative is that the mirror buttons and dimmer controls are not illuminated at night. No big deal but it would be nice.

Great small car
By rob4668 on 06/24/08 08:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the manual transmission which took some getting used too. The clutch has a low contact point so it was easy to kill the engine on start. Shifting is a bit stiff also. Otherwise the car is very solid feeling and drives like a sports car. With seats down in back I can carry same amount as our Subaru Forester-quite a lot.

How does 46 mpg sound?
By Tim on 06/23/08 22:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

If you're looking to save gas - look no further. I've had this car since last October. Overall mileage is in the mid 30's. Three recent trips at 55 mph on highway netted 46 mpg. (that's true mpg - not computer) One was with 4 people in the car. Going to & from work (mix of highway and city) has been about 37 mpg. I test drove everything in this type (Nissan Versa, Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris, Kia Rio 5, etc...), felt this was easily the best of hte bunch. Can't understand Consumer Report's love affair with the Honda Fit - rode like a 70's Ford Pinto. We recently took a trip to Branson with our family of 4 and did well - a little tight for luggage but it worked. Really love this car!

I love my Scion XD
By lovemyxd on 06/23/08 16:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

When I sat down to test drive this car, I immediately knew it was the one. It's cute yet bold looking--and super fun to drive.

My herbie loaded
By Stephanie on 06/22/08 14:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was in the market for a Toyota Prius, but was not going to pay 30,000 as price due to demand. I drove the Prius and found it to awkward and had no extras at this price. My husband use to drive an Scion XA so I looked at the only one left on the lot and found it to be exactly what I wanted, good fuel economy, fun to drive, and lots of extras, and affordable. I would highly recommend this car with todays climbing gas prices. My 12 yr old son claim it to be his when he turns 16, so it must be hip.

Best auto move ever
By chad Reznicek on 06/19/08 09:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in a 2004 4 runner due to fuel costs. Looked at the matrix but couldn't figure out what we were actually getting for the cost. My wife test drove both and loved the Xd. The test drive combined with all the standard options and the price of the Xd made it a no brainer for us over the matrix. We enjoy driving it, its no sports car but the power to MPG factor is better than expected. At 6 feet tall, I find it just a bit short on leg room but overall very comfortable. The bottom line is that for a great price we have a highly fuel efficient vehicle that looks good, is fun to drive, and loaded with creature comforts. Hated to give up the 4 runner but love what we got in return.

Nice little car
By GregSurratt on 06/18/08 14:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After test driving the Yaris and Honda Fit, the peppy engine, higher seating, amazing standard safety features and overall appearance sold me on the xD. My only real complaint is the road noise, but that's of pretty minor importance to me. It's a tight little, precise ride and the manufacturing tolerances are really impressive. Everything feels like quality on the Scion, unlike with the Ford Focus that it's replacing. I also love the firmness of the seats. The toggle feature on the l.e.d. odometer which allows you to see your mpg at any current moment is really nifty (although I'm a little suspicious of the accuracy of such a device). At any rate, this is an exciting little car.

my scion
By bluedolphinn on 06/18/08 06:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It's a good first time buys. Mileage is great if on highway when using cruise control i could get to about 35-40 mpg depending on my chosen speed. I have no family so the back room is just enough for me and for girls weekend. I helped my friend move and the folding chairs were adequate. The pick up speed going on a highway is a bit slow, I don't like to press the pedal so fast.

Sleek XD!
By Sleek XD! on 06/16/08 19:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Love it, love it, love it! Need I say more? I love the sleek exterior and the MPG.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Scion xD in WA is:

$136 per month*