Used 2008 Scion xD Consumer Reviews - 163 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Scion xD - Consumer Reviews

2008 Scion xD

View reviews for a specific xD model:

The XD I didn't want & now Luv!
By Arikk

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted Ford escape hybrid. Husband wanted this trinket car. This car is easy to maintain. It has all kinds of dummy alarms to say "hey stupid u left the lights on or change your oil" etc. One of the best thing is this car is higher of the ground. You don't get stuck in the snow ( I did w/ civic always) with it and my 6'3" husband can fit in it. I have hip problems. I have no problem get in and out. We packed for our trip and my husband had all this luggage. I thought I got him now! Your not going to be able to put all that and the dog crate in that trinket of a car. Wrong, it was no problem. It has a lot of storage, pioneer radio, I-pod hook up. We went on a 7 hr trip and got 44/g at65. Xd hybrid next?

There is so many cool features on this car. I love the drink holders in the door in the rear. I like the radio buttons on the steering column, I-pod hook up. Problem #1 is the dummy alarm for the lights. That is the most important question I asked, I always left my light on in my Honda, no more jumps!

I really would Like a bug reflector,cargo carrier.it needs quality paint,quality interior seat cover in the back of the seats.My 6 yr will hit the back of the driver or passenger seat with her foot.The fabric is poor quality. Hybrid, Hybrid,Hybrid! More gas for the gallon is always a plus too!

Solid Buy
By satisfied

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased our XD after looking at similar products. Our biggest reason for purchasing was for reliability and resale value (as we may not hold it for too long). Gas mileage was a consideration as well. I consistently gets 28-30 both highway and city. Even all highway was only 30 which was a little disappointing. My wife's only real complaint in the comfort of the seats for her (she is shorter). The ride is nice. It sits higher than our 2000 altima which is very nice and the higher body doesn't drag the bumper on our driveway (we live in Pittsburgh w/ lots of hills). Overall, we feel like it was a good purchase, but w/ our 1st baby on the way it won't be long before we need more room.

Roomy for size, handling, design, the ipod and aux hookups are very nice and it comes w/ standard everything.

tilting headrest, armrest,

Scion xD = Toyota Corolla hatchback
By Ken

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car along with my trade in of a '93 Honda Civic. I researched similar cars of this type and budget including the Honda Fit, Nissan Versa, Toyota Yaris and Honda Civic. It was a final contest between the xD and the Civic but I found out that Scion is Toyota and the xD uses the same 2ZR-FE engine as in her more expensive cousin, Toyota Corolla. The fact that my last Civic died on me at a red light in a crime infested neighborhood during after hours tells me much about Honda's true reliability.

Good fuel economy, easy parking, I-Pod adapter, tall seat height, keyless entry standard, eight airbags standard, many aftermarket mods, Toyota reliability.

Lack of armrest, large C-pillar may obstruct view when parking/changing lanes, road noise, simplistic gauges, skahy crosswind driving, keyless entry of trunk, floor mats not included.

Decent car, but wouldn't buy it again
By DJ

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking for something inexpensive, reliable, and stylish; I'd pretty much had my heart set on the scion tc, but I had hesitations about getting a 2 door, so I got the xd instead. This car is ok, but I have a few somewhat major gripes. There are HUGE blind spots on either side near the rear windows [& a tiny back window], so when I want to change lanes, I feel like I'm taking a risk even with turning my head to look and using my mirrors. The brake system is weird, and even though it's supposed to respond to a 'light tap', I have to press pretty hard to get the car to stop, and it's a very bumpy ride (even going over parking lot speed bumps feels like off-roading in rough terrain).

Power locks and windows, keyless entry. Excellent gas mileage. Compact - can park it anywhere. About 5 billion cupholders! Fold down rear seats. Good steering/handling. Stylish for such a small car. Comfy seats.

Better suspension [to help with bumpiness], different brake system, bigger windows to lessen blind spots. More cargo space, and an ARM REST/place for cds! More power.

I love this car
By Reesfun

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Such a great little car...especially for the price. The gas mileage is fantastic. After 5K miles I have consistently averaged 36+ MPG with combined in city hwy/street driving. Highway mileage alone has come in as high as 42MPG. This car is fun, easy to drive-turn-park and fits me perfectly. My hubby 6' 3" hubby purchased an XB and I fell in love with it with one exception...it's just TOO big inside. I found myself having to reach too far for everything. But the XD has everything at perfect arms length. And the clutch is light and the manual trani is easy to shift. The only negative is that at 5K it has more "little noises" than I would have expected from a Toyota product.

Gas mileage, Ipod plug in & overall looks.

Work with chain stores for parts etc. Couldn't get my oil changed until after the chain store ordered the right oil filter.