2008 Scion xD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xD model:
The good and the bad
By Eclectic on 07/18/08 12:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great little car. The car performs well and looks great. I have the xD RS 1.0 and I am extremely delighted.

Fantastic Little Car
By Bob on 07/15/08 09:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Just a month and half and I am already seeing gas mileage close to 40 mpg. I drive 35 miles everyday and this is average between city and highway. Can't wait to stretch it on highway and see what mileage will be. This is a great car and with this kind of gas mileage it will be a great car no matter what the gas prices become.

A Scion of the times.
By JT Hall on 07/13/08 12:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Scion xD after driving the xA from an ebay sale, downsizing from a pickup truck which i can no longer afford to drive. After two weeks of both highway and around town driving, I find the xD to be fun to drive,comfortable and very economical (35+ combined mpg.) Although you won't win any drag races in a Scion, it will zoom up to highway speeds quickly enough where it floats effortlessly at 75+ mph. Handling and cornering are excellent and the seats are firm and supportive. In spite of its size the xD drives like a larger vehicle. Fold the seats down and there's plenty of room for your stuff. It was a great choice. I'm going to keep it.

Best compact for the money
By robert on 07/11/08 23:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This has been the best compact car I have ever owned. It gets 34 mpg all the time and thats city and hwy. Driving. If you want good looks, reliability, performance and lowest owner ship costs this is the one!

Good Economy Car for Rural Area
By mjc on 07/10/08 08:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I live in the northern mountains of NH; my driving is mostly rural, seldom faster than 65; there is virtually no stop-and-go traffic. My xD has an automatic and also traction/stability control. My lowest gas mileage has been 37; my highest 40.5. (I figure my MPG mechanically: first click off on fill up with rounding to nearest nickel.) My last three tanks averaged 39 mpg.

All-around great little car!
By phxpatrick on 07/09/08 17:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

With gas at $4 a gallon, I researched several higher-mileage cars including the Toyota Yaris, Nissan Versa, Honda Fit, and the Scion XD. I chose the Scion even though it didn't have the highest MPG ratings, but it did come with far more standard amenities and just as many safety features as the others. To add all of the standard XD features to the Yaris, Versa or Fit, and you'd bump their prices higher than the base XD. In addition to the great mileage (I'm averaging about 33 MPG in mixed- conditions, driving 50 miles a day), it has 128 HP which gets me in and out of traffic quickly. I'm 5'11, 200 lbs, and there's plenty of head, leg and hip room. I highly recommend the XD!

Scion
By Dawson Lande on 07/05/08 02:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After buying the XD for my wife and loving the performance, gas mileage and all around fun driving this car my Ford Wagon went down. We decided to get another XD and as of today we are a 2 Scion family. No more fighting over who drives what today, We even got the same Red color. A 2 red Xd we feel really young again and are having a blast Highly recommend the Xd to drivers that want to feel fun again.We love all the options that come standard, We Rate the scion XD 100 out of 100.

Funky stylish little car
By Lena on 07/02/08 12:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My new 2008 scion hatchback is anything but boring. Great acceleration, tight turns. 16 inches wheels are making mountain dirt road fun to drive on. Stability control system is useful safety feature if you plan to take your car on a ski trip. If it is designed for young people it could be well designed to make you feel young.

Great little car
By Carl on 06/30/08 13:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Two months into ownership and we are extremely pleased with the xD. We wanted something that would replace our Toyota Tacoma, which had given us wonderful reliability for 110,000 miles but the 23 mpg was killing me when I drove it for work (my cheap employer who still thinks gas costs $1.20 a gallon pays only 20 cents per mile). I drove the Yaris 4 dr and liked it very much but did not like the auto transmission and the lack of a hatchback. The Scion was just the ticket, exactly what I wanted. I rode the fence between this and the Fit, but I like the bigger tires and higher ride on this and the great stereo system. Best of all is the gas mileage. 44mp on the freeway!

Incredible Mileage!!
By Vogl on 06/30/08 09:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We love this car. We recently averaged 39.8 miles per gallon a trip through New Hampshire and got it up to 41.4 mpg at one point. The car is a great deal and has good storage space. We've got a 11 month old son and it fits his stroller, play yard and a duffel bag for long trips. The only critique I have is that I am 6' 2" tall and on long trips, the car isn't the most comfortable. It's snug in the back seat when I sit next to my son's car seat, but other than that it drives like a dream, turns on a dime and is a great buy!! Will definitely purchase Scion again!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.