2008 Scion xD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xD model:
I love my Xd:)
By sayu on 09/06/08 09:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted to get a car that is good on miles, reliable (I was only looking for a Japanese car), and safe. I've researched so many cars for a few months and it was b/w Civic or Xd. I decided to buy Xd bc of its long list of standard options for this price, and was pretty much in love when I test drove one- it zips very well, inside is roomy, and I actually like its cute looks! I've only put 200 miles on, and still have a half gas tank! I got close to 42 miles on highway, and I'm getting about 31.5 miles in a city drive, with A/C on most of the time(the weakest level though). I'll get 18 inch wheels that makes the car look a lot better. I would buy one again, I love it!

Bar None Simply the Best Buy
By PT~2~Xd on 09/04/08 23:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Gas Gas Gas! What can I say that would make a person downgrade/upgrade from a souped up 89 Toyota Supra (Vroom! problem child gas sucka)~ tricked out/ supped up 04 PT Cruiser Turbo (Ehh.. but still gas sucka!) ~ to a 08 almost tricked out but not there yet Scion XD. Moving from the Bay area to Virginia I honestly did not think I would ever trade in my PT but after experiencing the WORST commuter traffic in the USA, and VA to DC eats the cake over Marin County to Alameda County, I had to ditch the PT..=(. I test drove the Fit, Yaris, and Corolla before the XD. But the XD won in the end for gas as well as over all styling.

I love this car!
By Lenna on 09/03/08 19:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After 3 months of research, my decision was b/w Civic and Xd. I decided to buy Xd because of its long list of standard features for the price. I just got it last week and have put 200 miles on and still have a half gas tank!My average MPG is 31-32, and I got almost 42 on highway!I cant wait to stretch this car out- a full tank of gas keeps this car running for 350-400 miles I reckon, which is great! I love the audio control, it lets you concentrating your eyes on traffic! I will get 18 inch wheels sometimes it makes this car look more luxury, check the parts online though it can be done cheaper. Oh, and this little car zips really well too!

Scion XD
By Jay on 08/26/08 12:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Me and my fiancé brought a scion XD about two weeks ago and we both love it. We need something else to drive other then our Denali that has a drinking problem at the moment. We went from putting $110 every four days to $36 every two weeks. We also added the TRD muffler, TRD lowering springs, TRD 18” rims, scion neon blue door trim, upgraded pioneer system and rear spoiler.

Love it.
By Alan on 08/19/08 13:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had to go looking for another car after i was in a car accident in my former scion xA (hydroplaned at 60 mph, hit a guardrail and flipped over, yet walked away without a scratch), so i wanted another car that was safe, and reliable, and still had great gas mileage. well the xD was the perfect car for driving and style. It's different and you almost never see another one on the road, i average 37- 40 mpg depending on where I'm driving, it's extremely easy to move in and out of traffic due to its small design, and its extremely safe crash test ratings and standard side airbags set my mind at ease. I will be keeping this car for a long time.

Wow!
By XD Fan on 08/16/08 21:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We just traded in our gas guzzling minivan for this cute little car and what a great decision it was. The dealership did not budge on the $15,700 sticker price for the base model (which was loaded - no complaints there) with the manual transmission but it was still a fabulous price. We are averaging 38 combined city/hwy mph and a whopping 41 mpg on the highway. No more filling up at $102 a pop. This car sips! We love the ride and there is plenty of room for the kids in the back. Only downfall is that darn arm rest - a driver and passenger one would be nice. Other than that, this is a great car for the money and we highly recommend it. Can't wait to drive it in the snow.

I Love My Scion xD!
By Erin on 08/06/08 11:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in a 2005 Ford Escape two and a half months ago for my new xD. The gas mileage is great, I drive about 10 miles every day (back and forth to work) and still never get below 32 mpg. On long trips I get close to 40 if not more. I love the styling, performance, stereo, everything. I researched many other cars, looking for better gas mileage than what I was getting. I settled on the xD due to overall value and standard list of features. I went from driving an auto to manual and it hasn't bothered me at all and I had no problem adjusting to the gauges. The only thing extra I got were floor mats. I love my new xD and couldn't be happier!

Great for city driving
By hbrown on 08/03/08 15:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Have for 1 year and very happy with the car. Narrowed choice was XD or Honda Fit. Mostly stop & go city driving, 27 mpg. First hatchback, will never go back to regular trunk.

Fun Urban Transportation Module
By Clyde on 07/31/08 14:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Love the hip modern styling. This car appears has more interior room than its outside size would allow. It is easy to park and is loads of fun to drive. The car does have a blind spot that takes getting used to. I drove a Honda Fit before purchasing my Scion XD and other than the gas mileage I have no regrets with my purchase. I recommend this car to anyone that needs a dependable well built car with great resale value. I also considered the Smart car. But after its initial reviews would much rather own a Scion XD.

Very Cool Econobox
By BillyBones on 07/20/08 16:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Wifey and I owned a 2002 Envoy before buying our Xd. We got it with black 18 inch wheels, rear spoiler, mats, chrome decoration and the blingy interior lights. Got hosed on our trade, but doesn't everyone with an SUV today. Went from putting $70 a week in gas to $35 every 2 weeks. Maiden voyage was 1200 miles round trip from Ct. to southern Virginia. Highway average was 38 mpg. After coming home, we get 30 mpg in all around driving. That's with a straight gear, light foot and hyper-mile-ing. A very comfortable car(we drove 10 hrs), power is a little short, but past 3500 rpm and it zips real nicely. We drove the Civic and I really liked it. But, I liked the hatchback and the Fit was just boring

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.