Used 2008 Scion xD Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Scion xD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xD model:

Love my first Auto Car
By Bonrek

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Scion XD for 7 months now and I love it. It is my first new and auto transmission. I live in the DC/Baltimore area and this car make commuting easy and comfortable. Fast pick up allows for easier merging onto highways. I had been looking into purchasing the XA, but am very happy I waited for the XD. It practically parks itself. After spending 9 years driving nothing but Manual, I am still getting used the the auto transmission. It is a wonderful car for those that love to save on gas mileage.

Gas economy, Ipod or other MP3 (Aux) hookup, leg room (I'm very short), radio controls on steering wheel, all the air bags and pick up.

Head rest has got to go (very uncomfortable), ability to raise seat would be nice (I'm short, can't see over steering wheel), the small tiny window with the huge divider makes for a terrible blind spot.

It's OK, but Caution Advised...
By Katie

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Price was OK, but I might not buy it again. Screw went into tire sidewall in July 08, but no tire dealer had the odd ball size--took a week to order. Radio doesn't receive my favorite stations (90 Nissan did perfectly). Owners manual says to use only 0w-20 oil (or 5w-20), but Castrol won't sell it to consumers; my favorite auto shop doesn't buy it in bulk. Very noisy ride--so much so that dog doesn't like it. Doors seem to lock mysteriously, with no door key/lock on passenger side--have to go around. Dash gauges can be seen only by pushing button--not safe to do while driving--odometer should always be visible.

Estimated mpg matches sticker or better, and on highway, sometimes get 36 mpg. Seats fold flat--so did Honda Fit, my first choice, but the Fit did not come in white (deal breaker).

Provide better quality radio, standard tire sizes, diagram of oil drain plug (+ oil filter location) in owners manual. Larger gas tank. More "viewing" area in the rear--better than the Prius, but new cars are dangerous with such diminished visibility.

Fun car
By Janet

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my car for almost a year now and I still have fun driving it. Lot's of room, awesome gas mileage handles great. I love it!

The gas mileage and the handling very sweet.

Just one little thing no lights in both glove compartment other then that it's all good oh yeah and an arm rest would be nice too.

Love this car!
By Dsimes

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the xD in August of 08 to replace my 06 Cobalt. The xD is loads of fun! The car handles excellent and is quick for it's engine size. I'm tall and it fits me perfectly. Very roomy inside for it's size. It will surprise you in that respect. The 5 speed manual shifts easy. The clutch is a bit tight and requires a few higher revs then my Cobalt did to get moving, but this is an engine that welcomes higher revs. I'm very glad I chose the xD for my next car. I have put 10,000 miles onthe clock so far and look forward to putting many more on it! I average around 35 mpg at 69 mph.

The over all look of the xD grabs your attention. The interior, sound system, mileage, cruise control, steering wheel radio controls.

Needs a 6th gear for highway cruising, sunroof/moonroof, a bit more power.

The XD I didn't want & now Luv!
By Arikk

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted Ford escape hybrid. Husband wanted this trinket car. This car is easy to maintain. It has all kinds of dummy alarms to say "hey stupid u left the lights on or change your oil" etc. One of the best thing is this car is higher of the ground. You don't get stuck in the snow ( I did w/ civic always) with it and my 6'3" husband can fit in it. I have hip problems. I have no problem get in and out. We packed for our trip and my husband had all this luggage. I thought I got him now! Your not going to be able to put all that and the dog crate in that trinket of a car. Wrong, it was no problem. It has a lot of storage, pioneer radio, I-pod hook up. We went on a 7 hr trip and got 44/g at65. Xd hybrid next?

There is so many cool features on this car. I love the drink holders in the door in the rear. I like the radio buttons on the steering column, I-pod hook up. Problem #1 is the dummy alarm for the lights. That is the most important question I asked, I always left my light on in my Honda, no more jumps!

I really would Like a bug reflector,cargo carrier.it needs quality paint,quality interior seat cover in the back of the seats.My 6 yr will hit the back of the driver or passenger seat with her foot.The fabric is poor quality. Hybrid, Hybrid,Hybrid! More gas for the gallon is always a plus too!