42 MPG!
By A Scion named Sveta. on
2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I recently got rid of my 12 MPG gas guzzler. I wanted a small car for banging around Boston, running errands, and road trips. I purchased a 2008 Scion XD with every bell and whistle available. After owning it for two weeks, I took it on a road trip from Boston to Upstate NY (600 miles round trip). On the first 300 miles, I got 42 mpg with my manual transmission. I traveled secondary highways through New Hampshire and Vermont, where the speed limit was @ 55 mph. The return trip averaged 40.5 mpg. My daily commute (a whopping 2.5 miles) scores @ 36 mpg. This car is an amazing gas sipper!
Favorite Features
Gas mileage, interior room - I am 6 foot 6, and I fit comfortably. Someone can actually sit behind me! Also, I got the nav system - goodbye maps - a 'must have' technology from now on. The car handles great, and feels quite peppy in traffic. It is a great car at a great price, full of features.
Suggested Improvements
Dealing with Atlantic Scion in Lynn, MA, sucked. The car was delivered in poor condition (there was a ding in the door and paint scratches). The salesman was a liar. The F&I guy tried to jack the price up by $5,000! When I pointed out my issues, I was given attitude, and told all cars are blemished!