Used 2008 Scion xD Consumer Reviews - 163 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Scion xD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xD model:

2008 Scion Xd
By Xdvnt

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I picked up the Xd last month after the rising price in gas was making it impossible for me to keep my old vehicle. Went from a Nissan Titan to the Xd and I couldn't be happier. It's so fun to drive. Very sporty and nimble. Lots of get up and go for such a small engine. I was pleasantly surprised at how much room it has inside too. I'm 6'2" and fit in it with no problems at all. When I first purchased it, all I could think about was how much I was going to miss driving my truck. Now, much to my surprise, I enjoy driving the Scion more than I did my Titan. And the mileage is great. So far the lowest tank I've had has been 35 MPG and I have a tendency to keep my foot in it a lot. Very pleased.

How fun it is to drive. Very sporty feeling with a good amount of pick up to it. All the extra features, both safety and convenience, that come standard with the car, the styling.

Height adjustment on the driver and passenger seats. While the interior room is very spacious, it would be nice to adjust the seat height to exactly where you want it instead of it being a set height.

Great MPG & fun to drive!
By flyers2008

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is one great car to drive! Plenty of power and I'm getting 32 MPG in suburban driving. The kids fit great in the back, even w/car seats and the cargo area can hold a packed ice hockey bag w/o a problem.

MPG, smooth ride, power

The shifter should light up at night. Hard to tell what gear you're in until you get used to it at night.

Lot better then honda
By Cal

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a couple of weeks ago. My first choice was a Honda Fit, but after dealing with Honda they would not compete with the price of the Scion XD. The Xd is a lot better than the Honda fit, more options, better ride, better price. I would highly recommend this car. Excellent gas mileage, Toyota "SCION" cannot be beat...

Gas mileage, Room, Looks, stereo, PRICE

Need Arm rests.

Top Notch!
By Nate

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We just purchased this car last month for a gas saver (Previous vehicle a 2002 Chevrolet Silverado ext. cab) -- Skeptic at first, however I was wrong! This car is not only very good on gas, but it shows quality at every turn. From a guys point of view I must admit I have ended up being the prominent driver (no regrets). Toyota has really landed a nice concept of "a lot of car for your money". It is no wonder that they (Toyota) have secured the title of the number 1 auto manufacturer in the world. Domestic auto makers should take not. Bottom line for those considering... "Economical doesn't mean cheap!" (or boring)

Turning radius, Gas mileage, No blind spots

Should offer a sun roof and a little more passing power. Good power-to- weight ratio.

Still Shaking
By Sparkle

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I traded an o7 Camry that was paid for, at 18,000 miles, and another year on the 36,000 mile warranty for the Scion xD. The Camry was a sweet ride, and it had all the bells, and whistles, but the gas mileage was nada. I'm still shaking just thinking about it, however it cost me no out of pocket money. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I drove the xD home, and the first big truck that came by did not blow me off the road, I hardly felt it. I still have over half tank of gas, at 193 miles. I had two choices, I could look at the Camry in the drive way or I could ride the xD all over the place. Gas in not going down, and I made the adjustment. I'm glad I did it. I like to ride.

It looks better than the other subcompacts. A stable car, good around large trucks. Keyless entry, power windows, and doors, cruise, rear defroster, standard equipment is excellent. Love the gas mileage, and cute too. I feel like a cool grandma at 60.

It could use an armrest in the center. Fat people like me will find the leg room somewhat short.