2008 Scion xD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xD model:
Great driving, even in two feet of water
By shamanza on 09/11/07 16:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Just drove this car today during a torrential storm. It was like driving an SUV. Whatever the reviews say, take one for a drive and see for yourself. Where else can you get Vehicle Stability Control, a Toyota Corolla engine, great sound, a cool look and a hatchback to boot for quite a good price? It's a great little car, for the money.

New Scion xD Rocks!
By joey on 09/08/07 06:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the 2008 Scion xD automatic for 2 wks and it is a pure pleasure to drive! Fun in the city! It twists a lot of heads! MPG: city 28-30 mpg, on the highway, avg'd 36.5 mpg. I just love driving this car. It is roomy for 4 adults. Fantastic stereo sound w/std Pioneer radio.

My Wife Loves It !!!
By Shella on 09/04/07 21:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I recently bought the Scion xD for my wife and all she does is talk about her car. The ride, performance, and safety features exceed my expectations. If I had an opportunity to change anything about this car, it would be to lower the road noise some. Its a little noisy on rougher roads. My wife and I are both impressed with everything else. Very happy.

Better than you might think
By cindy on 09/01/07 19:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the xD for a week and it rocks! I've got the VSC. When I first drove it to work, co-workers thought I was driving a Lexus, or Acura - in black, the xD is that sharp. It's higher up than you might expect, feels like an SUV on the road. Great on hilly terrain. Everything about it is nice. It has better lines than the Caliber, the Fit, or other Toyotas. Not as low as the Matrix or Prius. Interior dash is attractive, it has great get up and go. It's worth the money, every cent.

My Scion XD
By Edwin on 08/31/07 22:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love this new Scion. So much fun to drive. The handling is ok and the performance is fast and smooth. Like most small cars, space is a problem as there isn't much room in the backseat. I just wish that the trunk was enlarged also.The left/right turn signal on the side mirrors was a cool design; a copy design from Mercedes.

What a great and fun car
By Love It! on 08/30/07 09:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My initial opinion of the car was that it looked so small. Once I opened the door and got inside, however, I was shocked! The interior is not only spacious but incredibly well laid out. I'm six feet tall and fit easily into the seats with ample head room to spare. The controls were especially well designed and the overall feel of the dash was that it was designed with purpose and care. Comparable models and brands often just throw a slab of plastic on and a few radio knobs and call it a dash but Scion thoughtfully put together a great interior for its owners.

I'm in love
By Eris on 08/23/07 05:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my xD two days ago and I haven't even learned how to use 90% of the features and can't really rate it on reliabity, fuel consumption, etc., yet. It's fun to drive and extremely potent for its size. Leg room isn't important to me since I'm 5'2. I really fell in love with it's design. To me it doesn't look like a rhino, it's a curvy cute alternative to the boxy boyish xB.

Love it
By mtubbs on 08/21/07 13:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had it for about a week, first tank of gas was 32.5 mpg on the first tank blended city/hwy. I downsized from an Acura TSX and while the xD isn't the same type of car, I actually prefer it when you factor in its affordability. It has enough pick-up to merge on I-95 when it is moving and keep up once you are on. I am 6'3" and I can sit comfortably in the backseat with the driver's seat adjusted back. I also drove the Fit Sport, and the xD feels like a much more substantial car and has much better pick-up on the road.

Great entry level car
By john on 08/19/07 12:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It was between the Scion xD and the Honda Fit. I test drove the fit and then the xD and there was no decision to be made - the xD easily. The cars are comparable, except the engine. You can really feel the xD's power compared to the Fit, and it makes the Fit feel cheap. The only 2 issues with the xD: 1) The cabin ride is not very quiet. If you like a silent ride, this is NOT the car for you. 2) No arm rest. I have a stick, so this isn't so much of an issue. But if I had an auto, this would drive me insane.

An easy pick
By D.C. on 08/18/07 17:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Just purchased. Where else can you get a fully loaded automatic for under 16K? Plus the Toyota reliability factor and excellent gas mileage (27-32 mpg under the more strict 2008 EPA standards). The ride is very nice. Handling is tight and the xD's engine is more than adequate (128hp 4 cyl). In comparison, the Honda Fit (109hp) and Toyota Yaris (106 hp) don't come close. There's plenty of passenger room in the interior and the 60/40 split rear seats fold flat for plenty of cargo space. The standard 160-watt Pioneer stereo system with 6 speakers sounds great.The Scion xD offers the little intangibles that you just cannot find in any car in its class.You can't go wrong with the Scion xD.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.