Used 2008 Scion xD Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Scion Xd - Consumer Reviews

2008 Scion xD

View reviews for a specific xD model:

Gas-O-holic
By pH

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We chose the Scion xD for the obvious reasons, gas mileage and bang for the buck. The car has an ugly dog sort of cuteness to it. Our initial impression is that it is a great little car. You definitely get what they advertise. If you want a Lexus level of performance, quiet and ride quality, don't buy this car. If you want an inexpensive, feature heavy car, this is the one you want! The "Pure Price" concept makes buying cars a snap. No pressure, no negotiating - what you see is what you get.

Favorite Features

-Fuel economy -Purchase process -Features (abs, a/c, power windows and locks, keyless entry... all stock) -Excellent stock sound system

Suggested Improvements

-Add a a center armrest for the driver.

Disappointed
By Cyn

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Gas mileage not what was promised. I'm only getting 22.3 MPG mostly city with some highway. My old 6 cyl Mercedes got similar! The dash board rattles, sounds like there's a hornet in the car. Lots of blind spots, the rear window is like a porthole; the wide front struts and bulky side mirrors completely obscure pedestrians in crosswalks and vehicles approaching on the right. Visibility is so poor, I don't think I'll be keeping the car. Wish I'd gotten the Honda Fit. Too bad, Scion.

Favorite Features

The car is cute. I like the styling, interior features and details like the radio controls on the steering wheel. Plenty of leg room, rear seats flatten to allow lots of storage; seats are comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Minimize obstructions to driver's visual fields. Widen rear window; add small triangle-shaped windows in front of the side view mirrors.

OK for what it is.
By Craig Reinehr

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car for gas mileage and ability to still haul a few things, and that's exactly what I got. It goes down the highway fine, and of course is good around town. The standard accessories are nice because it's most of the things you'd "add" anyhow. Disappointed in no center arm rest as a standard option, and the "XM Ready" radio is about as ready as any radio is. It cost $500 more dollars to make it ready, which is very deceiving.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. hatchback with fold down seats.

Suggested Improvements

Center arm rest standard. If it's an XM radio, then equip it. If it's not then it's just a radio and don't list it as such. More cost efficient aluminum wheel option. Black interior not that great. More storage compartments would be nice.

Amazing Bang for the Buck
By PA

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We were in the market for a small, affordable car with decent space and high mpg. The xD price tag impressed us but when you add in all of the features that are included with the price such as the functionality of the interior (sliding and folding rear seats), the electronics (trip computer, cruise, great stereo with steering wheel controls and aux/iPod inputs), and the solid handling and engine, the car is a huge bargain. It really feels substantial on the road and the power is much better than expected. It's actually fun to drive and doesn't look like every other car out there! The gas mileage is excellent so far. The xD may very well become our car for long trips now.

Favorite Features

Driving feel, trip computer, stereo, rear space, gas mileage, unique interior/exterior design, first two oil changes are free. PRICE!

Suggested Improvements

Height adjustable driver seat, telescoping steering wheel.

2008 Scion Xd
By Xdvnt

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I picked up the Xd last month after the rising price in gas was making it impossible for me to keep my old vehicle. Went from a Nissan Titan to the Xd and I couldn't be happier. It's so fun to drive. Very sporty and nimble. Lots of get up and go for such a small engine. I was pleasantly surprised at how much room it has inside too. I'm 6'2" and fit in it with no problems at all. When I first purchased it, all I could think about was how much I was going to miss driving my truck. Now, much to my surprise, I enjoy driving the Scion more than I did my Titan. And the mileage is great. So far the lowest tank I've had has been 35 MPG and I have a tendency to keep my foot in it a lot. Very pleased.

Favorite Features

How fun it is to drive. Very sporty feeling with a good amount of pick up to it. All the extra features, both safety and convenience, that come standard with the car, the styling.

Suggested Improvements

Height adjustment on the driver and passenger seats. While the interior room is very spacious, it would be nice to adjust the seat height to exactly where you want it instead of it being a set height.