Used 2008 Scion xD Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Scion Xd - Consumer Reviews

2008 Scion xD Hatchback

View reviews for a specific xD model:

Love My 2008 "Lil Hottie" Scion XD
By Love My Scion XD

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2008 Scion Xd a week ago and I am enjoying my drive. It is a fun car to drive and I look forward to driving it every day. It is a little noisy but the standard features outweigh the road noise. I test drove the Honda Fit, the Nissan Versa and the Honda Civic before test driving the Scion Xd and when I did I knew I had found the car. It was fun to drive and all the standard features. The gas mileage is what they say 26 city avg. and 32 hwy miles. I mainly drive city miles. I do wish it had a center armrest. Wished the VSC would come standard but other than that I love my Scion in red. Enjoy when I see turned heads as I drive by. I love it's uniqueness in looks. Love it!

Favorite Features

The upgraded stereo system, cruise control, keyless entry, ipod connector,low tire warning light, MPG.

Suggested Improvements

Center armrest and more storage space. Bigger cargo space and VSC should be standard.

Wish I Could Return it
By Tom Gandy

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this XD with the auto trans, that was the first mistake. This thing scares the heck our of me while trying to merge into 70 mph traffic. Road noise is excessive and the ride is rather bumpy. The brakes are adequate but spongy. Highway mpg is not too bad at 38 but local driving is a dismal 23 mpg. Rear passenger space is surprisingly adequate for average sized people. Rear storage space is small but this a sub compact and is to be expected. The hubcaps had to go. I bought 7 spoke wheels that look much better.

Favorite Features

Options such as power windows, keyless entry and cruise control standard. Trip and mileage computer. Larger wheels than others in class.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the shiny plastic trim with silver flecks, it always looks like it is dusty. The speedometer tach combo separated with a triangular silver piece of plastic looks dumb.

It's only getting better
By kris

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have my XD for only 3 weeks now thatís not a long time but it took me 6 months to decided on a car and boy was it the right one. Itís not a car for everyone but you have to judge your needs and figure out whatís best for you. The XD has everything I needed power on everything but the seat. ipod connection, decent power for the car it is. Looks cool and with the addition of some aftermarket products it will look great.

Favorite Features

ipod connection, VSD, side airbags, steering wheel radio controls, enough room for 4 adults

Suggested Improvements

Sun roof, center armrest, space for full size spare tire not only the donut, HID option, and rear disk brakes

Great little car
By JMAC

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

If your looking for a subcompact that is dependable,well built, good on gas and different, then buy this car. This is the second Scion in my family and I can tell you these cars are great deals. Get in and test drive one and see for yourself. If you want 36+ miles a gallon,all the options at one price, and a cool car to boot then buy an XD.

Favorite Features

Good pickup, great gas mileage, comfortable and well equipped interior, unique body style, and top quality

Suggested Improvements

center armrest

Nice for the Price
By ke_parks

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I like the car so far, I have only had it a couple of days. I traded in my 05 civic for it, I think it has better pickup than the civic, Has a lot a neat features inside, like Ipod jack and mp3 player jack, The mpg is Ok, not as good as the civic but I think it is fun to drive. I like how it sets up higher kind of like a small suv with a lot better mpg

Favorite Features

Radio sound real nice, Plenty of space to sit, More than 2 cup holders, back seats fold all the way down, 2 glove boxes, mpg , price, fun to drive,

Suggested Improvements

Get a center arm rest in it.