2008 Scion xD Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xD model:
Love this little car!
By plewis on 12/03/07 08:49 AM (PST)

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just love my Scion xD! It is very comfortable to drive, handles well and the savings on gas is outstanding. I used to drive a Hyundai Santa Fe and while I loved that car as well, the gas costs were starting to get old. The knowledge that it is a Toyota product was also a deciding factor. I went into the dealership with the intent purpose of buying a Toyota and when I compared the "standard" options of the Matrix against those of the xD, it was no contest. Not to mention the price which was a lot less for the xD.

This is the car you want
By zzzdmd on 12/02/07 09:01 AM (PST)

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Looked @ xD, Fit, Yaris, Versa. For the money you can't beat xD. Went from Phx to Disney on one tank fully loaded with 5 people and luggage, no problem on hills, rained the whole way, at times by the bucket full, but xD stayed solid and true. Excellent interior design, clever dash, gets looks from other drivers. Will be using for work travel instead of my 2500 HD Duramax diesel, my gas savings will equal my new xD payment!

I love my Scion
By SpankyD on 12/01/07 04:41 AM (PST)

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My last car was the xA and I was totally happy with it. When I first heard the xA would be replaced, I was really annoyed. But then I test drove the xD and I was sold on it immediately. It's a definite upgrade. I love the xD's power, and it feels safer to me. I drive a lot of highways on my daily commute. It's a great feeling that can keep up with everyone else on the road and do it safely. My only wish is 16" alloy wheels. Will they ever be available?

2008 Scion xD
By Lane on 11/29/07 15:25 PM (PST)

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I went to look for a new car. Open minded and looked at a number of different ones and test drove more than I probably should. I saw a nice custom jeep, looked at a number of new BMWs then I saw it from across the lot: the new Scion xD. Nice looking, great features, 100s of accessories, great gas mileage, great warranty, etc. The list just went on and on. Then I drove and immediately fell in love. My partner kept pushing the BMW, which was really nice and I was about to get it but, I liked the Scion. I would recommend this car as well as the other Scion models to anyone.

Nice car with a few quirks
By Jeff on 11/27/07 18:38 PM (PST)

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is overall a great car to have. It gets good fuel economy, and has enough pick-up to get up to speed on the highway. The small design allows this car to be navigated through the tightest of spaces, while the height that you ride at almost makes you feel like you are riding in a SUV or a crossover. You do get looks driving in this car, I had a guy in an Acura looking up and down the side of it trying to figure out what I was driving!

This was the best gift for myself ever
By Lisa on 11/24/07 10:09 AM (PST)

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my eyes on this car for the past 3 month, I bought it home with me to many oohhhhs and aaaaahhhh from my family member. When you lay eyes on the Scion from the outside it is TINY, but when you step in it's like magic the inter room is amazing! It felt like I was driving a minivan! Everything is perfect on the car. The only, and I mean the only, complaint is that there is no armrest in the front. Since I bought the car I have been looking for excuses to run errands and go to work, just anything that will let me drive the car. It is an amazing car.

Great Car!
By holland6 on 11/20/07 09:23 AM (PST)

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have really enjoyed driving this car. The driver's seat couldn't be more comfortable. I have plenty of leg room and the trunk space will hold more than you think. I like to call this car my TARDIS since it seems so big on the inside, but looks so small from the outside. It gets lots of looks and people ask me about it all the time. I had a Corolla with 196000 miles on it and my wife has a Matrix. I was going in to buy a new Corolla, but was considering a Matrix too when the xD caught my eye.

Easy to Buy, Easy to Drive
By romans623 on 11/17/07 14:54 PM (PST)

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Scion has everything done right, from the interactive website where you can build your vehicle, the pure pricing so you know what you're getting, to the buying experience where you pick the transmission, whether to have VSC or not, and then a list of dealer added options. Then when you get the car, everything is intuitively in the right place, and you don't even have to read the manual, since you can go to the website and watch the instructional videos. The xD is cute, spunky, has a lot of pep, and feels solid for such a small car. It's spacious enough for four adults, and very economical on the gas. It was made for Japanese domestic market so it slips into and out of traffic easily.

Scion xD
By melissa on 11/09/07 07:21 AM (PST)

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is fun to drive. I think that it gets good gas mileage, and has lots of space to fit five passengers.

Love it!
By Juanita on 11/07/07 11:31 AM (PST)

2008 Scion xD Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It was between the Versa & the xD. The xD won hands down! I love the cute, sporty look. It handles very well. I only wish the wheel covers weren't so ugly. I test drove the fit, versa, mazda 3 and xD. By far, the xD was the most fun to drive. I get compliments all the time. I haven't seen another on the road. So, I love its uniqueness!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.