Used 2008 Scion xD Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Scion Xd - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xD model:

My herbie loaded
By Stephanie

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was in the market for a Toyota Prius, but was not going to pay 30,000 as price due to demand. I drove the Prius and found it to awkward and had no extras at this price. My husband use to drive an Scion XA so I looked at the only one left on the lot and found it to be exactly what I wanted, good fuel economy, fun to drive, and lots of extras, and affordable. I would highly recommend this car with todays climbing gas prices. My 12 yr old son claim it to be his when he turns 16, so it must be hip.

Favorite Features

gas mileage, mpg gauge, size, handling

Suggested Improvements

driver's armrest, sunroof

Best auto move ever
By chad Reznicek

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in a 2004 4 runner due to fuel costs. Looked at the matrix but couldn't figure out what we were actually getting for the cost. My wife test drove both and loved the Xd. The test drive combined with all the standard options and the price of the Xd made it a no brainer for us over the matrix. We enjoy driving it, its no sports car but the power to MPG factor is better than expected. At 6 feet tall, I find it just a bit short on leg room but overall very comfortable. The bottom line is that for a great price we have a highly fuel efficient vehicle that looks good, is fun to drive, and loaded with creature comforts. Hated to give up the 4 runner but love what we got in return.

Favorite Features

Price-feeling like we really got something for the money. MPG-- we can get 34 or better with the AC on and at top interstate speeds. The standard features including good stereo, MPG and other displays, 5 speed manual, cruise, etc. Finally, given all this, it just feels good to drive it.

Suggested Improvements

My only regret is the limited cargo room, its an easy sacrifice all things considered, but if the rear cargo area could be extended out just another foot it would be more practical for things like strollers and luggage. We will adapt, however, and pack light so that we can use it for long trips.

Nice little car
By GregSurratt

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After test driving the Yaris and Honda Fit, the peppy engine, higher seating, amazing standard safety features and overall appearance sold me on the xD. My only real complaint is the road noise, but that's of pretty minor importance to me. It's a tight little, precise ride and the manufacturing tolerances are really impressive. Everything feels like quality on the Scion, unlike with the Ford Focus that it's replacing. I also love the firmness of the seats. The toggle feature on the l.e.d. odometer which allows you to see your mpg at any current moment is really nifty (although I'm a little suspicious of the accuracy of such a device). At any rate, this is an exciting little car.

Favorite Features

The high seats, extra peppy engine, great mpg, I-pod jack, and standard side curtain airbags.

Suggested Improvements

Better noise insulation, greater rear window visibility & more front seat leg room.

my scion
By bluedolphinn

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It's a good first time buys. Mileage is great if on highway when using cruise control i could get to about 35-40 mpg depending on my chosen speed. I have no family so the back room is just enough for me and for girls weekend. I helped my friend move and the folding chairs were adequate. The pick up speed going on a highway is a bit slow, I don't like to press the pedal so fast.

Favorite Features

ipod connectors

Suggested Improvements

Wish it a sun roof, key entry to the trunk and passenger door.

Sleek XD!
By Sleek XD!

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Love it, love it, love it! Need I say more? I love the sleek exterior and the MPG.

Favorite Features

The ability to turn on a dime, MPG, sound system, sleek appearance.

Suggested Improvements

ARMREST, ARMREST, ARMREST. Did I mention an armrest? Utility plug to keep power even when vehicle is not running, doors stay unlocked for more than 3 seconds, doors lock when vehicle placed in gear. Need a sun visor for the front windshield.