2008 Scion xD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xD model:
Loved This Car
By mcgooey on 06/11/12 06:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first brand new car. I stumbled upon this car when it first came out. I think I just got lucky with it. didnt know anything about the car but i had been wonderfully happy with this car. it was fun, sporty. had some get up and go. and there were alot of customizable features that you could add to the car. radio was great. love the ipod hook up feature. I was able to get 40 highway and high 20's city. this car was the love of my life. unfortunately it got squished in between a ford f150 and a ford E150. The car actually held up alot better in the accident then I would have expected from the impact, but the car was a total loss. RIP scion XD

Tires are garbage
By cfeather on 02/28/11 13:16 PM (PST)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Research this carefully. The Goodrich tires that came on this vehicle new are garbage. Had to be replaced at 24 K. But there are only 2 manufacturers who make a tire for this car. Both are garbage. So what good is reliability, fuel efficiency, etc. if the tires are failing? New tires (Dunlop) were $600 at dealer cost. Wheel bearing went out on my XA at 32K, so I have that to look forward to next! GM parts used on these cars, so this is to be expected.

Compact, fuel efficient and great value.
By agalcowa on 01/23/11 16:08 PM (PST)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I stumbled upon the Scion Xd while looking for a Honda Civic and Mazda 3. The Scion is most different from the Mazda, but is similar to the Civic in the following ways: reliability, fuel efficiency, and compact size. The car is decently built for a compact car. It shares many components from the Toyota Corolla (engine, tranny, etc) and knobs and other items from the Rav4. For any 4-cylinder car that doesn't have a turbo, I recommend the manual for better control and performance, especially when merging onto the freeway. Overall, I'm very satisfied with my Scion and glad that I found it.

Very safe car
By Alan on 02/20/10 10:26 AM (PST)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car, ive had it a year and a half now and usually average 33 city, nearly 40 highway. The car drives great, and has enough get up and go for interstate traveling. Its also a very safe car, someone has rear ended me three times now in this car, once just a fender bender, another time on the interstate the guy hit me at about 30 in a suv, just a broken bumper, and most recent i was stopped on the interstate and the ford F150 truck behind me didn't...hit me at about 65-70 mph..i walked away fine and so would anyone in the back seat, the car only dented in a few inches, but about 11,000 in damages...overall its a great safe car. i would highly recommend

I'll miss you..
By IDisposable on 07/23/09 16:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I loved this beast! Great performance, great handling, great ergonomics. I hauled my wife, two kids and a pop-up trailer all over. This is a great small- family. We sadly had to part ways as there is a third child coming soon, but if Scion would have built a stretched version (ala the Mazda5 we just traded for) we would have stayed in the Scion stable for a third run.

Glad I Didn't Buy the Honda Fit
By Aleida on 06/28/09 20:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I should be getting speeding tickets every time I drive it...I'm having tons of fun driving a stick again. On the freeway I'm doing 80 without realizing it. In the beginning gasoline would splash back out at every fill up. It took two visits to the same dealership to get the problem fixed. My description was not adequate so the second time the service manager hopped in and we went to a gas station and he saw it happen.

Love my little white xD!
By Sharon on 06/08/09 15:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had seen my first xD about a year before I bought mine. I was hooked from that point on. I looked at other cars- just to be sure-but always came back to the xD. Had to wait a few days to get my white manual, but it was worth it. I love driving it...it zips everywhere...and I love to brag about the gas mileage to my 'gas hog' driving friends.It is just too cute.

Love this car!
By Dsimes on 04/06/09 18:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the xD in August of 08 to replace my 06 Cobalt. The xD is loads of fun! The car handles excellent and is quick for it's engine size. I'm tall and it fits me perfectly. Very roomy inside for it's size. It will surprise you in that respect. The 5 speed manual shifts easy. The clutch is a bit tight and requires a few higher revs then my Cobalt did to get moving, but this is an engine that welcomes higher revs. I'm very glad I chose the xD for my next car. I have put 10,000 miles onthe clock so far and look forward to putting many more on it! I average around 35 mpg at 69 mph.

I love this car
By Reesfun on 12/06/08 08:10 AM (PST)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Such a great little car...especially for the price. The gas mileage is fantastic. After 5K miles I have consistently averaged 36+ MPG with combined in city hwy/street driving. Highway mileage alone has come in as high as 42MPG. This car is fun, easy to drive-turn-park and fits me perfectly. My hubby 6' 3" hubby purchased an XB and I fell in love with it with one exception...it's just TOO big inside. I found myself having to reach too far for everything. But the XD has everything at perfect arms length. And the clutch is light and the manual trani is easy to shift. The only negative is that at 5K it has more "little noises" than I would have expected from a Toyota product.

BEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEP
By Joe Mahma on 11/08/08 09:35 AM (PST)

2008 Scion xD 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had it for a while and I'd have to say, it's a great cheap car. I just took a trip and managed 42 mpg on the highway while around town I'm getting about 32 mpg. It has some power if you get on it but the manual transmission is awful. The Interior is awesome as well as the body design, and people are always checking it out on the street.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.