2014 Scion xB Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Scion xB - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific xB model:

Fit my needs perfectly
By tedstor

2014 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was in the market for a Corolla or a Camry, but when I went to the Toyota/Scion dealer, the Xb caught my eye. The boxy look wasn't exactly what I had in-mind, but I quickly came to realize that the Xb fit my needs incredibly well. I needed an inexpensive(ish) vehicle that would comfortably accommodate my 6'3" frame, with a back seat that would accommodate my three kids. The Xb hit the mark. I bought my Xb for virtually the same price as a Corolla, but had the larger cabin that I needed. Performance is fine. Fit and finish is good. A very easy car to drive and park. Not many features to speak of, but has everything I need. Nice stereo. Scion 'service boost' is a nice added value.

Small car drivability with a larger cabin. Stereo system is nice.

A six speed transmission would probably improve fuel economy......but would also impact reliability and up-front costs.

Incredible sporty wagon!
By jayjay22

2014 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Honda was silly and discontinued the Element, and the low mileage used ones with 20k miles or more are the same price as a new XB! So, I test drove one, and fell in love with the sporty feel and good handling. It has tons of room, and still has good space for my two big dogs with a seat cover in the back. This car is all Japanese, has the same reliable engine as the former Toyota Camry . I actually think this car is better built than my Honda was. This car is awesome, great value for the money, and I'm getting 27-28 MPG! It's like a little sports car, but in wagon form!

1 month after purchase and very happy
By dsmithson

2014 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had a Honda Element and loved it... But I wanted a new car and after a lot of research I kept coming back to the xB. Considering the price, I feel I got what I paid for and I really enjoy it so far. But it's got a lot of pep and and I love the spacey interior. The dealer threw in the spoiler and I am glad they did as it gives it a sharper look. I'm a big guy and I feel very comfortable as it has a good amount of headroom. If you are looking to stay in the low $20K range with the premium options.. this is a good pick in my opinion.

It has a unique look compared to other cars on the road and I like that. It's roomy and yet short in length and easy to park as I live in an urban area. I am still getting to learn the bespoke system but so far I like it.

The BeSpoke Audio system is decent but should have an option for Sirius XM. Haven't really gotten to know the Aha system yet... so I will withhold judgment there. The GPS is not a Garmen but I am getting used to it. I will say it needs a better speaker system. For Pioneer.. they could have done better.

Great car
By stromson

2014 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Recently purchased a 2014 Army Rock colored xB and couldn't be happier with it. Most of the things in the Edmunds review ring pretty true from my experience. It's been great for me as runabout and daily driver, and I've been pretty easily beating the combined MPG of 24 (something Edmunds also reported). Wind and road noise are present, but it doesn't impede conversation in my experience (audiophiles will definitely want to add some additional deadening to the doors and floor pan though). As expected of a box, it hauls a ton with ease, and fits my 6'3" frame with no problems in the front or back seat. 4 speed auto works well and shifts very smoothly, and I never feel wanting for power.

Headroom and visibility are both great, good pickup for daily commuting needs.

Could definitely benefit from a 5 or 6 speed auto, or even a CVT. There isn't anything WRONG with the 4-speed, but the extra cogs could improve the 22/28 MPG estimates by a fair margin I'd guess. Some additional sound deadening in the doors and floor would be nice, but not required.

So Happy
By sohappyowner

2014 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am really enjoying my XB. It rides nice and is comfortable. Bought it from Auto Nation in Buena Park, was a great experience. Very Happy.