Hip to be square
By stoutbrewer1 on
2012 Scion xB 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
I've had my XB for a few weeks now after trading in an old Matrix. You can't beat the roomy interior of this small package. It really is a small SUV in my opinion. This years upgraded stereo includes bluetooth which works very well and is easy to set up. Driving around town, up and down hills, intercity or on the Freeway's are pleasant. On my first few tanks of gas I'm getting 22.5. I was hoping for 2012 the six speed transmission would be added to boost fuel economy. I like all the cubby holes the XB has for storage. The factory tinting looks dark yet at night it doesn't have a dark cavern feel. I found the gauges very logical mounted to the right instead of normal centered.
Favorite Features
My XB came from the factory with leather interior, a definite step up. The new stereo is one of the best original equipment I've seen installed. Small size with a huge about of storage. Low maintenance.
Suggested Improvements
Six Speed Auto, lower prices on options and a sunroof.
By gorge
on 03/18/12 17:55 PM (PDT)

Give me back my 2005 Scion. So it had a smaller engine and maybe a little less power but it had an excellent automatic. The 2012 Scion's electronic steering makes me think they put the wrong tires on the 2012. Besides making me uncomfortable steering the gas mileage is terrible and I miss the overdrive. May keep it for a year. Bring back the days of the Morris Minor and the Austin A40 that were fun to drive. When are manufacturers going to realize there is a buying public that wants basic, small, durability wrapped up in a small package that will sell in the $18K to $20K with a good solid warranty. Also, who needs all the electronic gizmos that are more toys than being practical?